Wireless Wii connection trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohairleft

Can anyone help me here? I'm trying to get connected but although the Wii finds my wireless router ok, it can't connect after that. Error message 52030 keeps coming up, and, on the advice of Nintendo themselves, I've tried just about evrything I know.
The firewall on the router is disabled, and all the settings seem correct, but still no joy. I've tried several manual set-ups but no success there either.

Any advice?

Which router is it ? How is the security setup & which channel are you using ?

Hmm thought I'd missed a few details...

It's a Huawei 520. Using WEP 128-bit, and on channel 8. The password for the encryption goes in ok, but even that doesn't let me online.

Try switching to channel 1 & disabling security (neither WEP or WPA active). Don't worry it's only to test the wireless connection. Once you can connect with success leave it to channel 1 & try re-enabling WEP.

I had same problem before. Changing to channel 1 was what ended up fixing it, and I still have wireless security on.

I think Nintendo's site has a page where they suggest 1 or 11.

Thanks for the advice. It works fine when the security is disabled, but as soon as I re-enable it, no connection can be made.
I can live with that. Now to get the points used up!!

Many thanks.

Btw I forgot to ask you previously but it mac filtering enabled by any chance ? Also if your router supports WPA you might as well set it to that since the Wii supports WPA & even WPA2.

The MAC is disabled, but I thought about trying different security... I'll try the WPA first chance I get. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back