Wirless Network Problems!

By Garyohallo1
Aug 3, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I have a wireless router with 12 computers on the network. 1 computer is wired, the rest are wireless. Everything was working fine until 3 computers that were working fine before decide to stop working at the same time!

I have reset the router, checked the settings, reinstalled the software on the PC's moved the PC's closer to the router...I've tried everything, but I am still getting the same problem.

I wired the PC's up to the network and that works fine. The PC's also have no problem connecting to a different wirless network. What the hell is wrong with it!?!

Help!

Gary

The three laptops that aren't working are using a netgear wireless PCMCIA card. Maybe a coincidence but all other machines on the network use a different network adaptor. Have checked all IP settings. They computers on the network are set to automatically detect setting. Have tried setting them up manually to no avail. I hate wireless networks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.