TechSpot

Wish I had found this site a long time ago!

By garreg_ddu
Jun 8, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello All. Quick background - started on computers (CDC 6400 and 6600 mainframes) 34 years ago, then progressed through DEC PDP, VAX, MicroVAX, Alpha to Intel chip based kit then on to PC stuff, programming in assembly languages, FORTRAN, PASCAL, BASIC, APL, C++ on various operating systems, picking up a few bits of SQL, VB and other things on the way. Currently work mostly on DELL and HP equipment, doing hardware and MS software installs and maintenance. Live in East Sussex, grow Orchids and Cacti and Succulents, take a lot of (mostly poor) photographs on Fuji digital SLR cameras, have fun with my wife, two children, two dogs and a misanthropic cat, and spend a lot of time on horseback.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello garreg_ddu and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

I too like Fuji digital cameras. I currently have the Finepix s9500, which I find excellent for macro photography. I take pics of insects/spiders etc lol.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,272

Well hello there.
    You look like a real techie! =D

I use the Finepix too Howard! Its really great, though I have some gripes about the battery life... -_-'
  4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Hi, pleased to meet you.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.