Witch configuration to choose--quick help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
wich configuration to choose--quick help please

here r my options AMD one and a INTEL one......
Ofcourse....the cheaper the better...:haha:

HDD 320GB WD 16MB SATA2 WD3200KS
MB GA-965P-DS4/S-775
CPU Intel Core2Duo E6400 BOX / LGA775 / 2.13GHz
RAM 2 x KINGSTON / 512MB / DDR2 800 CL5
or

HDD 320GB WD 16MB SATA2 WD3200KS
MB GA-M55S-S3 / nVidia NF550 / S-AM2
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 (dual core) 4600+ Socket AM2
RAM 4 x KINGSTON / 512MB / DDR2 800 CL5

graphic card is not mentioned considering thet i own ati x800 already wich is pretty good.So the big question is...should i go for better MB and a INTELcore2duo with 1GB of memory......or should i get AMD`s cheaper CPU with a cheaper MB but with 2GB of memory?????????
i should also say that configurations mentioned above cost pretty much the same!(NOTICE--the intel one has 1GB of memory less!!!!!!!!)
Also....i`m a gamer(not a hard core fanatic)but stil a gamer....and i`m no overclocker!

THANKS in advance

MO only AMD

I myself kinda stick with Intel but, I 'd have to say the Amd system looks better here especially cause your "smart" and don't mess with the OC thing!
I am not into gaming much, yet but- almost all the benchmarks I have seen show that processor a bit better at gaming marks.
The ram is a big thing too if you decide to try out Vista later when its been bugged out a bit. My next build might be AMD when I see the newer chips come out, my sons who I built is a nice puter, I'm jealous, his cpu- purrrsssss.....
Good luck*

Core 2 system for sure. It's at least 2x as good as the aforementioned AMD system. Not only does Core 2 pwn, but that motherboard is one of the best Core 2 motherboards there is.

well, honestly , I didn't look at that mobo ! He's right , get the Intel with that mobo, that will carry you for about 5-8 years...

Another vote for the c2d with that motherboard. Then get another 1gb ram and you'll have the best of both worlds.

Downgrade to the DS3 and you might be able to afford another gig of RAM. Unless you want to use RAID5, or run graphics cards in SLI (or have another use for another PCIe x4 slot), you shouldn't see any difference.

And save yourself some money getting the E6300 too, and it'll still outperform that AMD cpu.

Besides, I'd say you shouldn't use up all your RAM slots so fast, probably better to get 2x1gb sticks instead. Expect to pay more for it though.

Thanks for the advices....... i`ll go for the intel c2d platform!evgentually i`ll upgrade memory from 1 to 2 gigs...............

They're giving away RAM right now, well almost

The price of RAM is way down. Newegg has Kingston DDR2 667 for Intel 965 chipsets. (1.8 Volt, must be 1.8) Is $120.00 FOR A 2GB kit. Maybe you can afford 2 gigs after all with the Intel set-up. When I saw it I wanted to upgrade to 4 Gigs. Kingston Value Ram isn't an overclockers dream, but I'd trade 2 Gigs of 667 for 1 Gig of 800 any given day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back