Withings unveils Activité Pop, a $150 variant of its $450 watch-cum-activity tracker

Himanshu Arora

Staff

Just a few months after launching the Activité, a $450 Swiss-made watch-cum-activity tracker, French health accessory maker Withings has unveiled a new, less-expensive variant. Dubbed Activité pop, the smartwatch costs $150 and goes on sale at Best Buy today in "very limited quantities," with wider availability in March.

Like its bigger brother, the Pop sports a couple of dials on its face -- the larger one tells time, while the smaller one in the lower right corner, shows your progress towards your activity goal for the day -- and offers similar features such as tracking your steps, sleep, and swimming, with data available through the Withings' smartphone app, which is currently only available for iOS, although an Android version is said to be coming soon.

The device, which comes in three colors: Azure, Shark Gray, and Sand, also offers vibration-only alerts when you reach your fitness goals, or to wake you up from sleep, and also adjusts automatically when you switch time-zones. Its battery lasts eight months.

withings activit pop

Unlike the more expensive Activité however, the Pop isn't a Swiss watch. It is made of PVD-coated metal, comes with only a solo silicone color-matched strap, rather than both a leather and a rubber version, and is water resistant to only 30 meters, compared to the Activité which offers 50 meters of water resistance.

Permalink to story.

Well at least it looks like a watch unlike all of these other funny looking devices manufacturers are anxious to shove down our throats but I'm still not interested.

A watch that monitors sperm production ? Never thought I'd see the day. I wonder what fluids it monitors if a lady puts it on... :)

But does is function well on ships? It would be unfortunate if salt water adversely impacted its function, causing seamen to leave their posts prematurely.

Are you kidding me?! Watch-cum-activity is a real name??? It was no typo????

Hey ladies wanna look at my watch-cum-activity...

Back