Wits end with MAT$HITA DVD-RAM UJ-820S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi nice to meet you guys and girls

right if anyone can help with this i would be thrilled, this drive has become my worst nightmare. ive got a toshiba laptop, 3.2mhz , 512mb ram, radeon 9800 graphics card, for the past 3 months i have been unable to use my drive as it has had the light on all the time and it says its in use, i tried doing everything to stop it being in use but to no avail. i even formatted and it still had the light on, this making me think its the drive is broke. today the light goes off after a BSOD, this making me think great, i can finally burn some songs to disk when i keep getting this error :

20:46:49 #38 CDR -1 File Writer.cpp, Line 312
Unspecified Recorder Error
D: MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ-820S
i think i have tried most solutions that ive read from this site and still no joy, i have tried copying through windows media player but it wont allow me either, i will post the full log and pray someone can shed some light to this problem, thanks very much for reading

pokerbeast

i cant seem to post the full log, it says it too many characters, anyone advise how i do it please

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You can post the log as an attachment.

You should also go HERE and follow the instructions.

It could be the drive is fried, or it might be in need of a different ide cable.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks for your reply, so if the drive was fried or the ide cable was faulty would the drive still let me watch dvds and rip cds to my hard drive, it just wont let me burn them ....im really confused

No, if the drive was fried it wouldn`t let you do anything lol.

The laser uses a different frequency to burn than it does to read. It could just be the drive needs replacing.

However, I`d be interested to see your minidump files.

Regards Howard :)

Sorry, but it`s 5 or 6 of your latest minidump files I require.

You can find them in C:\windows\miniumps

Go to the link I gave you in post #2.

your minidump crashes with memory corruption and a bugcheck of D1.

It`s very difficult to be sure from just one minidump.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

I suggest you go HERE and follow the instructions.

I believe you may have a ram problem.

Hi howard thanks again for your help and advice

I done what u suggested in your help file, i have tried all the things listed but stilll no joy burning a disc, i ran a toshiba diagnostic tool that was on my computer and when it ran take a look at the results, it doesnt give me an explaination to why it failed but im thinking the drive has had its day

View attachment 8079

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back