WMP Burns, Yet Nero Doesnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabrone

When i make an audio cd in windows media player it works fine, no problems burning. Yet when i use nero, newest version, it gets like half way through and says error burn process failed, Communication Error. Im burning audio cds with both yet nero wont work. Any ideas

Check on the Nero site. I believe you have to get a patch for it, you can't use both Nero and WMP on the same machine with XP. I ran into that too, I think Nero has a patch.

Originally posted by boeingfixer
you can't use both Nero and WMP on the same machine with XP.
Why? What prevents people from having multiple cd-burning applications in the same operating system? Nero, DiscJuggler, CDRWin, Feurio! and Easy CD Creator all work together.

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli

Why? What prevents people from having multiple cd-burning applications in the same operating system? Nero, DiscJuggler, CDRWin, Feurio! and Easy CD Creator all work together.

I am not refuting you however, I have had many of those and others installed and they would not work together, especially Nero and Easy CD, had to uninstall some of them.

I know its not recommended. But I (in an act of despiratoin to burn this certain .iso) installed Roxio EZ-CD 5 Platnium after I had already been using Nero 5.5.x.x and now both work flawlessly. I also use CDR-Win. I burn a coaster less than 2% of the time.

WinXP
Mitsumi 4x4x24

following boeing's advice first i downloaded the newest version, thus this fixed my problem thanks for the help, always great to work out a problem that quickly. :grinthumb

Glad it helped, but I just wanted to say that I have used almost every piece of burning software available. All installed at the same time, and all worked fine. But I guess it varies from machine to machine.

Originally posted by poertner_1274
Glad it helped, but I just wanted to say that I have used almost every piece of burning software available. All installed at the same time, and all worked fine. But I guess it varies from machine to machine.

It must, I had Clone CD, Nero, Easy CD, and CD-maker 2k on my machine and nothing worked.

On my XP machine now is Clone, and Easy Cd, I burned an MP3 cd the other day and it sounded absolutly terrible in my cd player. I am going to burn another one to see if it is Easy or the media or my burner !

I always convert my MP3s to WAV first, then I burn them to a CD.

The reason being I don't trust the built-in MP3 encoder/decoder. Most of the burning programs I've tried come with low-quality mp3 encoders, so the MP3 to CDA conversion is probably equally cruddy.

What I don't undestand is why Nero won't work. It is totally independant of other system software components... Or so I thought.

well i didnt have the newest version of nero, and the newest version is advertised on the site with the words in bold underneath "Compatible With Windows XP" so i guess the other version wasnt compatible all the time with windows xp... thnx for helping me solve this so quickly

I use Nero/CloneCD/and XP's burning facilities, without any problems.

The only issue with Nero, is you can only use it if you are Administrator.

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
The only issue with Nero, is you can only use it if you are Administrator.

I didn't know that, I only log in as administrator. But that is usefull information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back