TechSpot

wnidows shat itself

By Rayss523
Sep 20, 2007
  1. welp windows xp home had been slowing down worse and worse so I ran AVG anti-virus and ad-aware and to my surprise.... They didn't find anything!

I update my video driver and windows, and rebooted. That killed it so I reinstalled windows and all the drivers I had on cd and now it runs great again. I guess you really do need to reinstall once a year. I think im going to image it and just ghost the computer every 6 months or so.

Yep I can't spell windows, I know, I cuaght it, I loled at myself :lol

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

I perform periodic system backups using Acronis True Image Home. I've been running clean using a licensenced version of Windows LiveOne Care ($49.95 per year-3 computers), Ccleaner, and RegscrubXP for 6 months now. I delete cookies and other Internet crud once a week and use the Windows Live Toolbar to handle passwords and user names.

It seems that when you have everything backed up and secure, you never need to use it. If you don't have backups and practice dependable sound computing practices, you are very vaunerable, and often lose everything

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.