Wondering if Graphic Card may be broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzmaz

Ok, My graphics since day one has been shutting down randomly, first it makes a repetitive sound then the screen freezes and sometimes it will catch up and let me keep playing, but most of the time it will just crash and just restarts my computer, i have 1.5 gig ram, 2.2 processer up to date drivers and have minimal things downloaded on my computer.
Any Suggestions?

Thank you!

Is your PSU up to your video card ? Try the card in another PC,or another card in your PC.

The Power Supply Unit.It`s the thing the power cord goes into.If you added a new video card to an older system,it might use more power than the PSU can supply.You can`t modify it,you can only replace it for a bigger one.

Try swapping out the card first.As you said,it might be broke.

What is your computer's specs? The card may be incompatible with your Motherboard. Also, what card are you using?

Well it works for 8 hrs sometimes without 1 crash then 3 crashes within 30 min, i have a Gforce 6600 256 with MSI Radeon Mother board with amd processer made it on a custom site so they were compatible, but otherwise could it be from over speed or something, haven't removed it yet will do that tomarrow, i had them install it

Hmm still froze again. but heres the error coding All products
Microsoft Online Crash Analysis uses JavaScript and cookies to display

Error caused by a video device driver

Thank you for sending an error report to Microsoft.

Error report summary

Error type Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? Yes
What does this error mean? You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.
Cause A video adapter device driver
Computer symptoms A message appears on a blue screen with error code information:

STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
- or -
STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

Action for you to take

We have analyzed your error report and there are two solutions for this problem for you to choose between.

+ Solution 1: Install the most current driver for your video card
Go to the Microsoft Update website to see if there are any updated drivers for your video card. A driver is software that enables hardware or devices (such as a printer, mouse, or keyboard) to work with your computer. Every device needs a driver in order for it to work. If there are any drivers listed, you should install them.
If there are no updated drivers at Microsoft Update, and you know the manufacturer of the video card, contact the card manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
If there are no updated drivers at Microsoft Update, you don't know the name of the manufacturer of the video card, and you need more help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.

+ Solution 2: Manually decrease Hardware Acceleration for your video adapter
This procedure prevents the display driver from programming the hardware incorrectly, but you may lose some display functionality and performance. Although you can increase the hardware acceleration settings higher than None to regain functionality and performance, these settings increase the chance that the issue will occur again. For maximum stability, leave hardware acceleration turned off.

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
Click the Troubleshoot tab, move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None, and then clear the Enable Write Combining check box.
Click OK, and then click OK.
Note: This procedure prevents the display driver from programming the hardware incorrectly, but you may lose some display functionality and performance. Although you can increase the hardware acceleration settings higher than None to regain functionality and performance, these settings increase the chance that the issue will occur again. For maximum stability, leave hardware acceleration off.
Article ID : 11
Last Review : February 28, 2006
Revision : 1.0

Additional Technical Information

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

ok i tried the one, i downloaded the bios double clicked on it, and nothing. Can someone give me a description of how to work them?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It is possible that your video card is bad.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back