Wont boot for 2nd time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this question, but ..

My computer boots perfectly with windows 98 everytime I remove the bios battery, but after I shut it down, it wont startup again, no beeps no screen no keyboard lights, nothing. When I remove the bios battery for a few minutes and place it back again it works, but only once, it wont startup a second time.

How can I fix this?

thx
Diego Mendieta

After you boot when the CMOS battery was removed, immediately go into the bios and load the default settings and reboot. See if this corrects the problem... Also, make sure the CMOS jumper is in the correct position to allow proper booting

I tried with load default settings, still doesnt work.
How do I check the CMOS jumper? where shout it be?
I think thats the problem, cause someone was messing with some jumpers before on this computer.

Diego Mendieta,
we need to know the model number of the motherboard that you have? The CMOS jumper should be near the CMOS battery. The jumper might be labeled Normal or Clear.

sq572 rev 1.1
I guess this is the jumper, but dont know where it should be:

av-29.jpg

the blue jumper is labled j18, but it doesnt show in the image

Doesnt work

It turned on twice when de harddrive an flopy were disconected (But I still had to reset the bios), but once I connected the hardrive and turned it on it wont turn on the second time.

it seems it made no difference,
any other advice?

I still think the mobo is faulty!!!!

Also, the jumper that you took the picture of, i don't believe that it is the cmos jumper as usually (but not always) the jumper is close to the bios battery!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back