Won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have home built computer. It has been working fine for 6 months with case opened. I recently closed the case. The system power itself down. I rebooted and played Call of Duty2. After 20 minutes the shutdown on me. Will not reboot. I get 3 quick beeps and then 5 more beeps no picture, then the system shuts down after a few minutes. I have K8V-X SE , 1 mb ram, 550 watt psu CX -series. I do notice when booting the CPU fan seems sluggish. I did try a different PSU 450 w, no change. Any suggestions?

You need to have a look in your motherboard manual to find out exactly what the Beeb code means. If it is not in your manual then you will have to have a look on on your motherboard manufacturers website.

I switched out the ram, no change. I removed the fan from the cpu. A lot of dust collected below the fan. Cleaned out with can air. restarted computer, no picture. The sounds of normal boot up were there, no beeps. I took out the video card and placed it into another computer no video. Looks to be a video card issue.

thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back