Word 2002 problem

By Hodsocks
Jul 25, 2006
  1. Strange problem this, something I haven't come up against before. If I open up a new document in word when I hit carriage return the curser drops to the bottom of the page for the next line of text. If I type another line of text the previous line moves up a little, so if I carry on typing to fill a whole page eventually the lines move up, or the spaces between line becomes smaller, and the page is full. This makes typing difficult, I have checked all settings in word and have even deleted it and re-installed it but to no avail.
    Word worked fine for over 12 months and then suddenly started playing up, if I open a previously saved document the spacing is OK, its just a new document. I have deleted the template to try and fix it, other word processing packages seem to be OK, eg, wordpad, works etc.
    The pc has been scanned for virus's with AVG 7 and for spyware with Ad-aware and Spybot.
    Has anyone any suggestions as to whats going on here?
  2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

According to this thread HERE deleting/renaming templates does seem to be the key.

Choice quote -

".. ignore the two entries with the Internet Explorer "E" icon.
    Delete the one with the tilde (~) in the front. Rename the other three to normal.old..."
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.