Works Suite 2001 won't install Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynda

:confused:
I have been using Word and Money 2001 for a long time but had a problem when installing HP All-IN-ONE, don't know what I have done but i managed to reinstall Works and Word from disk but can't install Money. Goes through the motions and says it has been installed and the Money Central shourtcut is loaded but not the Money programme. I also have a problem with Sound...says no Sound Card installed but this was a O/B card. Via AC97 Audio Controller WDM. I know it's an old one but was working with XP.
Also a very minor but irritating keyboard problem....I have set my Regional Settings to UK but keyboard operates as USA format. I know I have given you a lot to look at but you did a great job for me a year or so ago and I am Putting my faith in you again! This is my HJT....

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:30:34, on 14/02/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Nikon\PictureProject\NkbMonitor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\LYN\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\IK5N0ZXB\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.msn.co.uk/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: DownloadRedirect Class - {00000000-6CB0-410C-8C3D-8FA8D2011D0A} - C:\Program Files\iMesh\iMesh5\iMeshBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: NkbMonitor.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Nikon\PictureProject\NkbMonitor.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-0C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab31267.cab

Lynda said:
:confused:
I have been using Word and Money 2001 for a long time but had a problem when installing HP All-IN-ONE, don't know what I have done but i managed to reinstall Works and Word from disk but can't install Money. Goes through the motions and says it has been installed and the Money Central shourtcut is loaded but not the Money programme.

I'm not familiar with this suite, but does Money show up as an individual program in your Add/Remove Programs list? Perhaps the program is installed but without a desktop icon. Have you checked the Program Files directory where you installed Money to, and verified the program files are not there?

Lynda said:
I also have a problem with Sound...says no Sound Card installed but this was a O/B card. Via AC97 Audio Controller WDM. I know it's an old one but was working with XP.

Sounds like you need to install the drivers. You'll need to get them from your motherboards manufacturors website or the Driver disk that came with your setup. Sometimes windows doesn't set the default sound device too, check that your device is properly selected in the Sounds and Audio Devices applet in the Control Panel (under the Audio Tab).

Lynda said:
Also a very minor but irritating keyboard problem....I have set my Regional Settings to UK but keyboard operates as USA format. I know I have given you a lot to look at but you did a great job for me a year or so ago and I am Putting my faith in you again! This is my HJT....

In the Regional Settings there's a Languages tab and a Details... button located there. Launch the Details... button and set the Default input language to English UK. You may need to Add the UK language service in the Installed services section below the drop down menu.

is it WORD or works? These are two very different programs. Works is worthless....

many commercial programs have sunset policies. Quicken is famous for that. Every 3 years, they make older editions obsolete.

Cannot Install Money

Thankyou PanicX...keyboard problem resolved. However, Money, which is an optional install on Works Suite, although showing in Add/Remove programs is not showing in Start/All Programs. Tried to open one of the shortcuts to Money but got message cannot find msmoney.exe. As for my sound problem, I downloaded drivers from Via Tachnologies the recommended for my sound card. Shows OK but on device manager for sound etc says no audio device.
Regards
Lynda

If you search your PC for msmoney.exe (start menu -> search -> For files or folders) Does the file show up anywhere on your system? If so, launch the file it finds and see if Money runs, if it does, create a shortcut to the program by holding shift and dragging the icon to your desktop. If not, then it's likely your installation media is bad and you'll need to obtain a new copy.

Lynda said:
Shows OK but on device manager for sound etc says no audio device.

What shows "OK"? Does device manager list any Unknown Devices or devices with yellow "!" ? You can try using Aida32 to identify your motherboard manufacturor and model so that you can get audio drivers from their website instead of the VIA drivers.

Hi PanicX,
Sorry about the delay in responding. I cannot locate msmoney.exe at all.
My sound problem is that when I go into Control Panel/Sound and Audio everything shows that Via AC97 is the device and that there are no problems with this device but I still have no sound. I used the motherboard disc to reinstall drivers and said drivers hadbeen installed. Any suggestions?

With the money install, it looks like you need to obtain new installation media. However you can try installing the software on another PC and verify that in installs incorrectly there first, just to be certain.

With the sound, verify that your speakers are plugged in properly. Its normally best to test sound with headphones as you dont have to worry about power or left and right channels. Be sure that your plugged into the Audio out port of your sound card and check that your volume isn't muted in windows.

If you have the little speaker icon in your systray, double click it and make sure that the volume isn't set too low for Volume Control (Master Volume), wave, aux or Line out.

I think I will forget about ms Money. My Sound problem is really puzzling me. I tried again to install from Motherboard disc and was delighted to find that I had sound again. That is until I shutdown.....on restart sound had gone again....Sounds and Audio say no device installed. Could there be a reasonably simple reason for this or maybe I will just have to reinstall each time I reboot. Also have a new problem now......Windows won't shut down.
Sorry to keep giving you more to think about and I am really grateful for the help you have given me so far
Regards
Lynda

I have money 2006. You can get it off ebay for about $20

I prefer quicken, but for some reason it conflicts with a driver on my desktop. It works fine on my laptop.

Thanks for that advice Tedster. I think that is what I will have to do. I am not familiar with Quicken....what do you prefer above Money? How do I know it will work O.K. on my desktop?
Regards
Lynda

Lynda said:
Could there be a reasonably simple reason for this or maybe I will just have to reinstall each time I reboot. Also have a new problem now......Windows won't shut down.

Likely you're having some sort of driver corruption. I'd recommend completely uninstalling any software that is related to your sound card (many have extra utilities and such). Scan through your Add/Remove programs for something you may have forgotten or missed. Then uninstall the driver itself from Device Manager and reboot your machine. Install the driver when Windows boots back up.

If your machine won't shut down, try pulling up Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) and killing any hung processes, then try shutting down again. You can also try using the shutdown command with the -f option to force programs to exit
(Start Menu -> Run -> shutdown -r -f -t 00 click enter.)
-r reboots, -t is sets the wait timer to 0 seconds. If all else fails, use the reset button on your PC case.

money won't install

Hi Panicx,
Apologies for delay in responding but I have been doing all this by trial and error over last few days. I am delighted to tell you that after following your instructions and uninstalling VIA I have been able to reinstall and get my sound back. Since this worked so well I applied the same logic to Money and lo and behold I have now been able to install that too!!
I am vey grateful to you for your advice and know where to come if I have any further problems.
Thanks Again
Lynda

Congrats! Thanks for coming back and posting your success. It's always helpful for anyone experiencing the same issues to see the end result of a troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back