World of Warcraft Freeze Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with my computer and it just recently started so I'm not exactly sure what has happened.

I built my system in January and the basic specs are as follows:

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo
2 X 1Gb Corsair RAM
2 X ASUS EN6800GT 256 Mb running in SLI
1 X WD Caviar SE16 400 Gb Harddrive
Thermaltake Toughpower 750W PSU.

History:

I usually leave my computer on all the time and rarely if ever turn it off or reboot and have never had a problem with system performance or any issues until just recently.

Problem:

I purchased a Dell 24" widescreen monitor and this is when everything went bad. I turned off the computer to hook up the monitor and it wouldn't start back up. Turned out the PSU went bad (At the time I had a TT 680W) which in turn took out one of my secondary hard drives and was causing a boot issue. Once I removed the bad drive it booted just fine.

Once I got it working I noticed some wierd lag type issues and checked my video card drivers which were out of date of course... Once updated, no more issues.

The issue I'm having is with WoW specifically. WoW will boot normally when I have just booted up but I can no longer leave my system on. If I have my computer on for any length of time, it will bring up the initial little start up box but when I click play, it begins to load to the game log-in screen and it freezes as soon as the cursor changes to the hour glass. I'll then have to reset and it plays just fine.

Now I can easily reboot everytime I want to play but it's annoying and furthermore, I know something's not right so it's wearing on me.

I'm honestly at a loss here now. The game plays fine once I'm in at 1920X1200 Wide with all the effects at full or near to full settings. I've turned off all the background systems except Norton AV... but I've had that the entire time so I don't think it's the problem.

Any help you all could provide would be excellent and thank you in advance. sorry for the length but I wanted to give as much info as possible to hopefully get a quality answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back