World Of Warcraft suddenly crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing World of Warcraft for about 3-4 months now without any really significant problems. I have always had the graphics settings at the lowest settings to ensure my graphics card to not be pushed too hard to cause jitters or anything that wont make it go so smoothly. Once in a blue moon it use to turn off the pc. What happens is the monitor just goes black and loses signal while the pc still seems to be turned on. I have to turn it off and restart the pc in order to get it to go again.. This only happened very rarely before, however it's been happening 4-6 times a day now (the past 2 days) and im getting quite concerned. I've put a house size fan blowing into the side of the case thinking it may be overheating problems, however that didnt seem to change a thing. Below are my pc specs and any help whatsoever would be very nice!

AMD Athlon XP 2800+
768mb DDR 400mhz ram
MSI NX6600GT (AGP)
420W Raidmax PSU (the one that came with my old raidmax case)
samsung syncmaster 763mb
DFI Lanparty NF-II motherboard

I have also updated the drivers in the graphics card and that didnt really work. Sometimes i can play for 3-4 hours straight with no problems, then sometimes it will last 5 minutes ( when left off all night long and started up in morning it crashed within 5 minutes ). All that i can think of really is possibly my power supply is giving out on me :\.

Thanks a lot,
Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back