World of warcraft unsupported video card, do i need a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just recently bought World of Warcraft and would like to run it on my desktop computer but i have come to find that my video card is unsupported by the game. how do i go about updating my current video card or getting a new one. i am still new to the hardware workings of my computer. i currently have a SiS 760 video processor on my computer.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

You'd have to buy and install a video card. Before we can suggest one, we need to know what expansion slots you have, agp, pci, pci-expres, etc, and your budget.

If you don't know what slots you have you could try installing everest home(google it), and it should tell you lots of info about your pc.
You probably have agp or pci available, agp is better.

You might also find info if you look up your pc's model number and search for expansion specifications.

Welcome to Techspot!

If you go to www.lavalys.com download the home edition.
Whenyou run it go to the motherboard icon and look for the expansion slots. how much is your budget by the way? What system do you have?

I have PCI 1 empy, PCI 3 empy, and AGP empty.

i am trying to go as cheap as i possibly can at the moment, me being a struggling college student and all. ^_^

I have PCI 1 empy, PCI 3 empy, and AGP empty.

i am trying to go as cheap as i possibly can at the moment, me being a struggling college student and all. ^_^

There are plenty of cheaper agp cards on most online stores try this:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html

also www.scan.co.uk and www.dabs.com are also good sites. Go for the agp rather than a pci because the same card would be different on each format,agp is always faster than pci. Make sure the card is compatible also.

If your at a real low budget check ebay, there are lways good deals on there.

Apparently you dont need much of a graphics card to play this so price shouldnt be a problem try a geforce 6 series onwards although if you only play this then a 5000 series would be fine as long as your machin ecan handle them.
Hope I helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back