World of Warcraft won't run on GFMX/400

Status
Not open for further replies.

o2Ly

I had downloaded the World of Warcraft then when i started the game it said that "World of Warcraft was unable t o start up 3D-Acceleration. Please make sure direct x9.0c is installed and your video drivers are up to date" im using windows xp service pack 2 and my display adapter is NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400.. can i play world of warcraft in my current computer? please help me anyone... TY in advance..

Sorry, but the truth is i dont really know what is the latest driver.. can u please help me... :dead:

please someone help me...

Latest nVidia drivers are 71.89 Detonators.

Btw you can't download World of Warcraft, you have to buy the boxed game install it & then play with the CD-Key provided with the game. I don't think there are any more open Beta tests & you cannot download a demo.

Uhmm, i had downloaded WoW in torrent sites... :blackeye: Sorry but i had install the NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Drivers but when i started the WoW it said the error again... :(

Well it is probably a version used for open betas. If it's a warezed version, you won't get any help here.

Buy the game, it will entitle you to proper technical support from Blizzard.

It's an online game and you can only play if you have a valid serial and subscription. So you aren't going to be able to play this one for free....

Im pretty sure that one of NVIdias cost cutting measures when designing the GF4 MX (it was designed to be a budget board based on a GF4 Ti chipset) was to cut out the pixel and vertex shaders, thus crippling it for most new games, and bumping it down to DX7. Just having DX9 won't cut it, it not only applies to the software you can download (just the DX software, i dont mean it dictates what you can download) but to hardware specifications. It could be the game only supports DX8.1 and above. The fact you downloaded it of torrent is the most likely cause though. Since its a pirated version, it may not be abl to connect with BLizzards servers, because it will need the same key as another copy.

In the first place, you should have never downloaded it off a torrent, man... :mad: What's is up with you?
And btw, you won't really enjoy your game with a crappy video card, ok? So i suggest buying WoW (w/ real $ this time), get new graphics card or just throw away computer and buy one, and think about going to therapy for downloading warez.

izx2 said:
In the first place, you should have never downloaded it off a torrent, man... :mad: What's is up with you?
And btw, you won't really enjoy your game with a crappy video card, ok? So i suggest buying WoW (w/ real $ this time), get new graphics card or just throw away computer and buy one, and think about going to therapy for downloading warez.

Im not rich to buy one..

Oh its a Geforce 2 Mx, didn't notice that, well the Geforce 4 Mx was just a beefed up GF2 so theres not masses of difference. Firstly the game probalbly wont be able to connect properly as you dont have a valid Cd Key, also the Graphics card is too poor for new games. Get something like the Radeon 9800Pro or the Geforce 6600Gt if your short of cash. If your not anything from the Radeon X800 line or a Geforce 6800GT will be great.

Cash promblems

Ok here is what I did to play the game. Game $50
9600xt 128MB $70
ra 512MB RAM $38
______
$158
You should be able to play reasonably well with this.

That is a quite good suggestion. Although it's your decision, I'd still go for a slightly better card...GF6600GT?Radeon9800Pro for future-proofing's sake. it'll let you play games further in the future, but a 9600XT is still good.

I would go to the video card's ati's website and see if they hace a specific driver for that video card.

Sebastian :knock:

ok guys, im having the same problem: i downed wow from a bittorrent supplier and it come up with the same error, however i also downloaded the GB version and it worked fine. I've reinstalled drivers and directx 9c. What i have found is that when i ran dxdiag (start, run, type dxdiag then enter) it says i still have directx 9b, not 9c.... WTF! i tried installing it a variety of different ways but still same error and same result in dxdiag. I am convinced this is the problem. My video card is ASUS ti4800 SE, 128mb. So i've taken (i forget who said it)'s advice and i am now looking for a specific driver on the asus site, i will get back to you on the result.

oops

Rick said:
It's an online game and you can only play if you have a valid serial and subscription. So you aren't going to be able to play this one for free....

sorry to dissappoint you but theres a way around everything, people with good internet connections (and some bad) put up cracked servers of their own, but you need all the correct software etc. and if you couldnt do that you could still download the game then buy an account without the game and save 80 (australian) dollars (not sure what that is in american). :D
Edit: oops, sorry about the double post and btw after i reinstalled the drivers same error remains, so its been narrowed down to: -incompatible video card
-directx not installing
properly for some unknown
reason :mad: :(

IC .. Thx for ur help guys... I wont play the game anymore, its too expensive for our blood.. ; )

Look, if you have a problem with a game downloaded for free of the internet, go somewhere else. We don't tolerate piracy here!

Hey, Was looking for something else and stumbled on this.

On the shortcut for the game right click then go to properties and in the target place.

-Opengl

it should look something like this;

"C:\Program Files\Blizzard\World Of Warcraft\WOW.exe" -OpenGl

Try that...WoW not too expensive...WoW GOOD!!

I don't think you should break copywrite and steal from an honest company just because you hate the owner!

Baenor, you missed Rick's point. It's not whether someone can do it technically but that you can't do it legally.

You and some others must have overlooked the forum guidelines regarding warez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back