TechSpot

Worm infection?

By AtK SpAdE
Jan 2, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, i believe to be infeced with something, i have followed all of the post by RBS and i think i have gotten most of it out of here. BUt just in case, would a techgod please look at my HJT log to make sure?

Thank you very much

Sean
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello sean.

Let HJT fix the following.

All your R0 and R1 entries.

O8 - Extra context menu item: Search Current News - file://\program files\powershell-xp3\search5.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Search Encyclopedia - file://\program files\powershell-xp3\search4.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Search for Images - file://\program files\powershell-xp3\search3.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Search Newsgroups - file://\program files\powershell-xp3\search2.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Search the Web - file://\program files\powershell-xp3\search.htm

O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll

After that as far as I can see your log looks clean.

Regards Howard :)
  3. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,846

Thanks alot howard... :D :D :D

no more limewire for me

Sean
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.