Worst Brand of computers survey

CompuGeek247

I'm just wondering about this and I wanted other peeps opinions. Which Brand of computers is the worst in your opinion. IBM, COMPAQ, DELL, HEWLETT PACKARD, GATEWAY.

For me its compaq. And its personal experience. When I was a newb in computers I bought a compaq and it came with about the cheapest components and those bastards sold it to me for 1200 when it was about 600$ max. Now I Vow never to buy a compaq made model or anything from Compaq anymore!

So does anyone hate compaq just as much as I do?

I would have to say Dell, with their constant underclocking of components and locking the ability to overclock; not to mention sky high prices ;) . This is not personal experience, however. This is only from what I have heard, if any of what I said is incorrect; please feel free to correct me.

As for Compaq... let's just say I have never heard anything positive about them.

about compaq

most of their "newb users" targeted products are crap, but it's very different for their professional oriented hardware

Brands I dislike (from personal experience in order of magnitude - first one being disliked the most)
: E-Machines, Compaq, Gateway, HP

Actually, if I were to buy a pre-built machine there are only 3 people I would purchase from.
: Dell, Alienware, Falcon Northwest

LNCPapa

Any computer made by any company is a waste of money and sub-standard parts.

Compaq! No doubt about it!
I've tried to help friends upgrade them, and...

Their techsupport is laughable at best (I have a friend who started to work there, but quit 3 weeks later...)...
The most important question when you're applying for a job there is "What is the number to Compaq TechSupport?"....
And this was on the server support test!

Rick> not allways true, but often...

Dell has some nice enough configurations... Yes, they're more expensive than building one yourself, but still not too bad...

Gateway, e-machines, Compaq are the worst

Never had a problem with Dell, and adore Fujitsu-Siemens just for the fact I've never seen smaller, tidier cases (in the pre-ITX era). Neither ever break down for me...

i have never had any problems with dell although compaq and emachines are pretty darn crummy. yeah those pc companies sell their stuff really expensive; and they tend to use proprietary components, with questionable quality, in parts of their computer too. :rolleyes:

well Compaq is
i dont understand all the bloatware on there, do you really need aol, netscape, and sbc all on there to purchase as soon as the computer is set up?
also the processor is an amd 64 with 1 gig memory so.. it should run at a considerable speed...nope
now my alienware is amd 64 with 1 gig and it runs like a charm?
hmm compaq nice goin u slow ur computers down

Way to bring back a 4 year old thread.
icon13.gif

Edit: I've also deleted 2 other of your posts. Of your first 3 posts here you brought 3 dead threads back to life, all 3 were posts that had no substance to them. Please refrain from posting in several month to 4 year old threads unless you have something really really important to say.

I got a Dell few years back with no AGP or PCI-e slot. You could see the solder points on the board, Dell was just saving a few pennies.

Back