worth getting GF4 ti4400 for a 733mhz PIII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a GF2 pro and am considering a vid card upgrade. Should I get a ti4200, 4400 (or anything at all, for that matter) given my antiquated rig. I do plan on getting a barebones motherboard/processor/case upgrade down the road, but hey, its almost Christmas and i want to treat myself to sumthin!

Well, you won't see any sudden increase in FPS with the change, but you will be able to increase FSAA and AF...

If I were you I'd rather go with a Radeon 9500pro...
It's not that much more expensive, and you'll get better FSAA and AF than the GF... And the drivers keep on improving performance...

It should also scale better when you upgrade your mobo/cpu down the road...

.02$ :)

[EDIT]I just forgot to mention that with the 9500pro, you'll also get full DX9 compliance, so it'll be better with future games... Very nice if you don't upgrade too often :)[/EDIT]

If you can cash out 250$, you can get a Power-Color R9700 ( non-Pro ). The only difference with the 9700Pro is the lower core/mem speeds : 275/550 as opposed to 325/620.

The card itself is made by ATI so you don't need to worry about bad components being used. It doesn't have much of a bundle but with such a price-tag, it doesn't really matter.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back