Would this computer be good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be able to run Counterstrike Source (default settings) without a problem at all, performance wise. If your parents are willing to buy it, why are you even asking us? Just take it and be happy they are buying it for you. XDD

I am getting a new computer myself this weekend, but right now, I am stuck with an older Dell Pentium Four. It runs CSS, Half-Life 2, all of it just fine. Things will take a bit to load, but that's only custom maps, mods and the like. I assure you you're well able to handle it.

Don't expect it to play any really new games at high resolution and high settings.

I'd also suggest you don't look up the definition of AA or AF, because you'd probably won't be able to use them.

But the bright side is, you might just be able to buy a new PCIe graphics card later.

\=hitman=/ said:
Thanks guys, so I'd be like lag-free with this computer?

My computer takes a second to get stable once a new game has started, but when actually playing, it seems to be fine. My current computer isn't as good as the one you're getting, so you should be fine. :)

Should be able to play Source and still increase settings abit. CS shouldn't be hard to play on any newer pc because its graphics are kinda just Medal of Honor style. Just watch out for the speed hackers! ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back