TechSpot

Would this psu and case be ok for me?

By Legoflamb
Dec 5, 2007
  1. JimShady23

JimShady23 TS Maniac Posts: 651

Well

I never heard of that brand, but it does have 38amps on the +12v rail which isnt bad and should run your stuff just fine. As far as how good its overload protection is ? Not sure. You get what you pay for when you buy a power supply and it isnt somthing that you should skimp on even on a budget system.

Cheap power supplies fail more often than more expensive quality ones. Usually when a cheapie blows you end up replacing way more than the power supply and you actually end up spending lots more then it would have cost you to spend a few extra bucks on a quality power supply.

2. Legoflamb

Legoflamb TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 183

Hey thanks for the reply - what about this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHINOBI-BLACK...ryZ51063QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I meant to post that first time round - I already have an EZ cool from my last computer but someone told me it's always best to start afresh. I used that wattage calculator and it recommended 521 watts but it's not jsut the watts is it that determines the strength of something?

3. Legoflamb

bump...................................

4. JimShady23

JimShady23 TS Maniac Posts: 651

Good Brand

Antec, enermax, silverstone, thermaltake, corsair PC Power and Cooling and there are a few more but stay with one of the ones listed above and you will be fine.

5. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

If th wattage calculator worked out 521W then get at least a 600 or 650W PSU.

I wouldn't touch the PSU you posted a link to with a bargepole ;) It's way too cheap for 650W and it will more than likely destroy your system.

I would get this for your pc.i have the 400W version and as far as i can tel it works great.

Another option is this or this

6. Legoflamb

Ok trying to get a 600w OCZ stealth or something now on ebay.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.