WoW Causing BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

As you can see many things can cause this error but we don't have much to go on to supply recommendations. Do you get BSODs at any other time while doing anything else on your PC including other games?

No, not at all. I reinstalled my video drivers, but that hasn't helped. Is there any kind of diagnostic test I can run to see if there is any problem with my memory?

I had to run WoW at same refresh rate and same resolution as my monitor to get rid of the lock ups.

Okay, then attach your minidumps.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

All four were 0x50 errors and all four cited the Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll as the probable cause.

This driver comes up a lot. It also seems to have issues and vice-versa with WoW.exe (the WoW executable) which was listed as well but not as the probable cause.

So...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* get back to us with the results.

Thanks! I did this as well as changing the refresh rate, update my bios the disable one of the two sounds cards and i seem to be problem free! I'll post back if anything else happens

You had 2 sound cards enabled? That alone will cause issues. supersmashbrada advice about refresh rate was also spot on. Thanks for getting back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back