WoW Custom Servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

I wasn't really sure where to put this, but I wondered the other day if anyone could explain to me how the hell to set up MaNGOS to host a custom WoW server. I keep trying to find tutorials on the internet, but none of them properly explain how to set it up, or they expect you to know more about the workings of MySQL, a matter in which I am a mega-n00b. If anyone has set one of these up before, can you please explain how the hell it can be done?

yes and let's get techspot sued...:D...kiddin'
since it's illegal i don't think you'll get any support..i think.. :>

lol Techspot getting sued, funny, all he's asking for is how to do something, doesnt mean he will do it. that's why there are so many "how to hack" threads on the internet.

Actually, I don't think it's illegal. I see tons of websites for custom servers, and they're not like game ROM websites where you have to delete it after 24h or it becomes illegal...

It's just beyond me on how to use Php and MySQL... which MaNGOS requires...

BUMP!

Anyone know how to configure ManGOS? Or at least know how to explain the workings of MySQL and phpMyAdmin?

If you know how to work with ManGOS, I have some information. The server goes up, and I can connect to it and get to the character select screen, but the realm is down. The realm (NOT THE SERVER) crashes about 3 seconds after the server launches... and I know that to fix it I need to do THIS (the second post there is what I need to do) but I can't find the place where I can change that... :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back