Wow framerate issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay i recently got into wow and am having major fps issues.

on my laptop with all effects turned to low or off the average fps is 18
Specs are:
windows Vista home premium
intel core 2 duo T7250 @2.00 GHz
2GB ram
Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 880 MB ram
DX 10

While my desktop with all effects and settings turned to maximum the avg fps is 35
specs are:
Windows XP home
AMD Athlon 64 3300+ 2.4 GHz
1GB ram
Nvidia Geforce 6800 128 MB ram AGP
DX 9

Is there a reason for this? Or is something wrong? Also on the laptop i frequently experience tearing and end most if not all actual programs running while with the desktop i can run messangers and other programs. framerates were taken from the same area and server latency is low on both.

Can anyone help me with this?

If I am not mistaken, the 8400 is pretty weak. Can you try other games, and compare them?

The 8400 is a very bottom of the line card. Just because it is an 8000 series card doesn't mean its a beast. I know, it sucks doesn't it? I had a great build planned around that "budget" card.....then I found out the truth.

The thing is in the laptop it was the best card that it would let me use. It was either that or the integrated one. The only other game I have is Guild Wars and it runs that fine at max settings. Also for what its worth it also passes the Can You Run It test with full bars in every category except processor.

Did you check your power and battery profiles?

its an issue with my sis laptop everytime she unplugs it the profile changes to battery saver and makes ut04 lag like crazy but on perfoprmance profile it runs flawless with full details and everything (she has an HP so this might not apply to you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back