Wpa Wireless in Fedora 7?

By Bluemouse
Jul 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all,

I just recently installed fedora 7, but I don't really know how to get wireless working. My card is a Belkin Wireless G PCI, but how would I get it working properly? I also forgot to install all of the additional components for fedora. and I can't update anything or install the rest until I connect to the internet. Was there any part for wireless networking that I should have installed but didn't? What do I do?

Thanks!
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Most utilities you need are in wireless-tools package.

At least KDE has a graphical interface for wireless networking (in Control Center -> Internet -> Wireless), I don't know about Gnome or others.

From the command line, you'd use iwconfig and edit the necessary files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.
  3. Bluemouse

Bluemouse Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 405

Thanks for your reply.

Have anything more specific though? Ive searched and searched and either am doing it wrong or can't find anything that works.

I also forgot to install KDE when I installed Fedora, and now I cannot install it using Add/Remove Software without being connected to the internet. Don't really know how to use yam either.

My wireless card is a Belkin Wireless G (Version 7.0000).

Thanks!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.