Wrong Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiarus

OK. This is only happening with my Picture and song file icons. My icons arent the real player and the regular jpeg icons anymore. They are now the "unknown application" icons. They still work and stuf. Its just as thought the computer doesnt recoginze the file. But it does. And also some of my music files have blue lettering, like they are some sort of system file -_-. And some are just regular black text. I dont know what the problem is. Help please.

Try the following.

Click start/all programmes/set programme access and defaults/custom/choose default media player. Check windows media player and click ok.

Reboot your computer and see if that helped.

Regards Howard :)

Ok that worked my icons are change. But the letters of the names are still blue like they are vital system files.

I have no idea why some of the text is in blue, so I can`t help you with that I`m afraid.

Maybe some of our other members will have ideas about that.

I think I may have found out why some of your files have blue text.

It`s because they are compressed to save disk space.

If you open my computer and click tools/folder options/view, you will see a little box that says "show encrypted or ntfs files in colour"

If you uncheck that box and click apply/ok, I think you`ll find the text in your music files returns to being black.

The "show encrypted or ntfs files in colour" should be ticked by default. So I suggest you reverse the change you just made.

No, you don`t need to change it.

My point was the reason some of your files have blue text is because their compressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back