Wrong page displaying, virus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

I have searched and googled with no luck.

My main machine has been infected im sure.

I can recieve mail.

When I visit my home page or any other favourite the address is correctly displayed yet I get 'FAWORYT computer systems' i think in Gdansk as the main page. Or no page at all.

I have run up to date Norton, spybot and adaware with no luck.

I have just installed a microsoft security update??

When it is up I can Ctrl alt delete and it shows up as Fawory s.c. - systemy komputerowe - micros........ running,

I shut down and it closes Ie

Running win xp home and ie6 all up to date.

any ideas appreciated

I did a fresh install of W2K/SP4 on one partition on my new PC.
Firefox 1.0.3 was the first app after firewall and antivirus, and it starts within 2 seconds.
Adding Office and other programs has not slowed it down.

Personally speaking, I have found that Firefox seems to have a slower first load time, but to me the speed is pretty much the same as IE the second time it's loaded.

I've actually managed to convert a relative IE evelangelist to using firefox over the last 3 months, and the people I'm introducing to using and maintaining computers for everyday purposes at the moment start using firefox straight away, because it's what I put in front of them, and I 'uninstall (not that it's a true uninstall) IE to make using it inconvenient.In 6 months of constant internet use across 3 machines in seperate households, I've only seen ONE adware related problem with Firefox, and even that wasn't bad.

That said, the ironic thing is, I'm still using IE because I'm lazy. lol. I'm not getting ANY problems with it at the moment (sooner or later I will though.) and it's just what I'm used to. That said, I always use firefox for unknown sites and the dark dank corners of the web.

your infected as for browsers firefox and mozilla are the safest for now
been using them for over 2 years before that opera and netscape realy never used IE ,have 2 accounts that make me log with IE, it bits when they shove it dwn yer throat.
the latest trends show more hackers are looking to mozilla for weakness's
to exploit.
not sure of the website disable cookies and java have a strong firewall
whats in your wallet

:chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back