WTF why are my fans blinking!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunger_force

I just bought about 5 fans and mounted them in my case. They each are supposed to glow a bright green insted about 3 of the 5 started blinking. this would not be a big deal if my case was not completely clear acrylic. The weird thing is that when i restart my pc the dont blink until everything kicks in. Could this be a case of low power? Should i upgrade my psu? They are each the exact same model and say nothing about blinking on the cases.

Are only the LED's blinking or is the fan slowing down also? Either way this is definately a power issue.

i just put in a 420w, my previous was a 300 and they continue to blink. They seem to be running at a much higher rpm. Im pretty sure they are all connected correctly so im offiicially lost as to what to do.

Howdy

How are the fans hooked up?
Are they all on one power cord or
sharing power with other devices?
You may want to isolate them on power cord
direct from psu....also, what brand psu did you get?

Any type of sound detection in the fans? I had a cold cathode that did that, but it was total crap, and blinked to the sound of itself.

Well, intel board... , they have a setting in the bios under Fan control or Fan monitoring I forget the name but it has Fan in it :chef: . Just turn that to Disabled and everything should work good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back