www.systemwarning.com, how do i get rid of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My homepage still says it's google when I check my internet options but when I double-click internet explorer, the homepage is systemwarning.com, how do i remove this. ad-aware and my norton anti-virus won't detect it or remove it and for some reason, ever since it tookover as my hompage, ad-aware doesn't fully finish scanning. i run winxp professional. can anyone give me some help?
-Joe

Many people are switching to Firefox for reasons like this. Good suggestions above, make sure you update all antispware before scanning.

It is best to scan in Windows safe mode as much less spyware loads and it is easier for antispyware to remove applications when they are not running. To get to safe mode, tap the F8 key when first turning on you computer, then select SAFE MODE preferably WITH NETWORK SUPPORT so if you can download any updates if needed.

Also in safe mode you can disable many startup applications by clicking on “Start” then “Run” and type “msconfig”, click “Ok”. Click the “Startup” tab, you can uncheck all items except antivirus, antispyware and maybe printer drivers and such. Also click on the “Services” tab, then at the bottom, check “Hide all Microsoft Services” and do the same here.

Some of the spyware these days is getting much harder to get rid of.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back