TechSpot

X1800XT TV-OUT Problem.

By Joe Black
Jan 22, 2006
  1. Im trying to connect my PC to the TV (on X1800XT) but i see its connected but the tv icon is grey and not active and above it it says "attached display is currently disebled", i also tried the wizard but this i have to chose either my monitor or my TV and if i select tv then apply it disable the monitor,i was using nvidia before and i never used CCC before,tried ATI Tray tool but no luck ,its really important because i always watch the DVD from my PC on my TV

[​IMG]

2. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

I've used CCC, and it seems to know my TV is connected. You can use control panel-display properties-settings and select "extend my desktop onto this display," and open the dvd player on the TV. To clone displays I had to use CCC. This may just be a problem with motherboard compatibility. On my AsRock DualSATA2 I never could get CCC to work right, I'd always get errors at startup.

3. Joe Black

Joe Black TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have DFI LanParty and before i had 7800GTX and it was working fine that will be sad if it the motherboard puke: and when i check extend desktop onto this display the screen flashes for a second then its unchecked

4. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

I think the mobo is fine, just maybe CCC is incampatible. Most SLi boards end up with Nvidia card I'd think. I could be wrong, you should try talking with tech support of your x1800xt.

5. Joe Black

Joe Black TS Rookie Topic Starter

its not sli :eek:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.