x1900xt and Far Cry :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Helo, how you all doing?

Well, i will give my specs and game settings first

MSI K9A Platinum Crossfire (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.00Ghz (Socket AM2) Retail

ATI Radeon X1900***Crossfire/Master Edition*** 512MB GDDR3 (PCI-Express)-Retail (695Core,837MEM,4500 Core Voltage Bump) (Mem Voltage Is The Same)

OCZ 2GB (2XGB) PC5400 Dual Channel Gold GX XTC Series EL-DDR2

OCZ ModStream 520w ATX2.2 PowerSupply (28A On the 12 Volt Rail)

80 Gig ****ty hard drive

DVD RW, CD RW Drive

and 7 fans :p

Right, so i can play Doom 3 maxed out no problems at 1024x768 full AA and AF and all that

I can play flat out, painkiller Splinter cell, rainbow six,Brothers in arms,medal of honour, cold fear all maxed out no problems wiv like 100 FPS

But when i play Far Cry in forest areas FPS drops down to 15!!!. Indor areas go up to like 250+ fps at times and i dont no why it drops so much out side, for this system it shouldnt be doin this should it?

Settings are all on Very high (ultra high fot water :p ) max AA and AF

I have unabled some settings In ATI Tray Tools to make image quality better ect, but with this card should i be seeing such and impact?

Thanks for any help

Farcry isn't that demanding of a game but you can't expect EVERY game to be able to run perfectly on max settings with full AA/AF. Turn off the AA/AF and see how it works.

You probably have Adaptive AA enabled (qual or performance). This takes a MAJOR performance hit as the game is loaded with alpha masks (trees/objects).

There is a new form of Adaptive AA that can be "hacked" in the 6.11 and 6.12 beta drivers. These yield same or better AA but without the major performance hit. So.. stay tuned.

Also, FYI- using the Transparency AA (NVidia's version of the same) has the same/worse performance hit. Using this in Far Cry really kills performance. You shouldn't have major issues though with normal Multisampling AA... just click the Adaptive AA off if it's already on.

Nice one people, turnin off AAA helped fps ALOT.

Now do you think this hidden hack will be made default in any of the upcoming drivers as i dont like tweakin with drivers to much to make them do things they are not supposed to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back