X1950pro ---> Which of these two

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering an upgrade from Geforce 6200 to Radeon X1650PRO for £50 or Radeon X1950PRO 256/512MB. On searching the internet i found an article which tested the 256MB against the 512MB - There appears to be very little between them. At extreme graphics levels the 512MB (having more memory) boasts slightly better fps rates, 3Dmark score.

Since its only an extra 10er you'd be better off going for the 512MB, but keep in mind these beasts require a 500-550W PSU (recommended).

These cards as you've probably guessed are better value than the more expensive Geforce 8800GT(?), the latest Geforce cards

Depends on the resolutions you're running at. If you're going to run at anything less than 1600x1200, the 256mb one should suffice.

But then again, for an extra $10, I'd have gone for the 512mb anyway, who knows when you'd need it.

I purchased a HIS card before and tried it on two different systems, one via another nforce and both of them rejected the card (it was a x1300). And if you read reviews online im not the only one to have problems with them. So for an extra $10 for double memory and alittle more piece of mind is always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back