x300 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerslave_5th

my PC has been crashing during games or 3d aplications with my ati radeon x300, and i noticed that is due to overheating of the card, what can i do to solve this overheating, please help, first i thought it was something with the drivers, but its because video card is overheating, please help me!!
my system specs are P4 3 GHZ, 512 ram, 80 gb hd, windows xp pro

how long have you been using the card? if you've been using it for a long time and this is a recent issue, then you can try the following:

-=Make sure the GPU fan and heatsink are clear of dust or other gunk.
-=Make sure the GPU fan is turning when it's powered on.

or if you just got the card, try returning it or swapping it with a new one.

the card is brand new or at least they told me that, the thing is that i bought my pc at a local computer shop, i told them everything i want it, so i guess is brand new, the pc is new, not even a week, the videocard doesnt have a fan, everything works correctly until i try to play a game, max payne 2 for example, so i have to clean it out? , what can i do to avoid this overheating?

thx in advance

:grinthumb

powerslave_5th said:
the card is brand new or at least they told me that, the thing is that i bought my pc at a local computer shop, i told them everything i want it, so i guess is brand new, the pc is new, not even a week, the videocard doesnt have a fan, everything works correctly until i try to play a game, max payne 2 for example, so i have to clean it out? , what can i do to avoid this overheating?

thx in advance

:grinthumb

That would be a good idea. Do you know what the temps are for the card under load?

the temps are good, on the processor and motherboard, but the card is very hot, i dont know why, i will clean it with compressed air, but, that will do to solve the issue?

thx

if it's really new, then i don't think so. I try to avoid cards without cooling fans, but the X300 is a low-end card, and many low-ends don't generally need a fan.

Well, if you can, then take it back to the store and get a different model (I prefer nVidia cards, but that's just personal opinion)

For the price of a secondary fan/heatsink for the video card, you could get a whole new one just to let you know.

i think is a problem with my chipset intel, i just installed a fan on my x300 and still the same error, altough the card doesnt get hot now, im dessperated, please someone help me!!!

It could be the card. I know i've got overheating problems with my X1300 (which i'm returning this week to get an nVidia 7600GT).

Try a different card, a different brand, whatever. If you still get the same problem.... well.... let's just blow up that bridge when we come to it.:hotbounce

Yes,
try a totally different higher-end video card... The shop you bought your system from will have some cards to choose from I'm sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back