X64 Downadup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

How can I determine which version of Windows XP I have ?

Just saw the feature on this new worm & keen to make sure I have the removal tool

"In there you can see it "
Sorry to say I can not. It tells me I am running Windows XP Home 2002 service pack v 3 but although i looked around the various tabs it did not say anything about 64 0r 32.

I have just realised that my original post was not clear. I meant to ask "How can I tell if my system is X 64 or 32 "

32-bit or 64-bit (Microsoft labels them as x86 or x64)

In Xp Pro:
For a 64-bit version operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version <Year> appears under System.
For a 32-bit version operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version <Year> appears under System.

Start->Run-> msinfo32.exe
fo more info and clarification ;)

From downadup.com/windows-64-windows-32.php

Vista
Option A: Control Panel

1. Click Start, type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list.
2. Either 64-bit Operating System or 32-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.

Option B: System Information Window

1. Click Start type system in the Start Search box, and then click System Information in the Programs list.
2. Select System Summary in the navigation pane; either x64-based PC or x86-based PC appears for the System type under Item. x86 is the 32-bit system.

Windows XP
Option A: View System Properties in Control Panel

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
3. Click the General tab. Under System, if you see Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version you have a 64-bit system. If you see only Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version it is the 32-bit system.

Option B: View System Information window

2. Type winmsd.exe, and then click OK.
3. Select the System Summary in the navigation pane.
4. Locate Processor under Item in the details pane.
* If Processor value starts with x86, it is the 32-bit system.
* If Processor value starts with ia64 or AMD64,it is the 64-bit system.

Windows Server 2003
Option A: View System Properties in Control Panel

2. Type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
3. Click the General tab. Under System, if you see ;Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition you have a 64-bit system. If you see only Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition it is the 32-bit system.

Option B: View System Information window

2. Type winmsd.exe, and then click OK.
3. Select the System Summary in the navigation pane.
4. Locate Processor under Item in the details pane.
* If Processor value starts with x86, it is the 32-bit system.
* If Processor value starts with ia64 or AMD64,it is the 64-bit system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back