Coolmatt

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2.4 Ghz
ASUS K8V-X SE Mobo
Ultra 1024 MB DDR
BFG Tech GeForce 6200 OC 256 DDR2
1 x 10 GB HDD
1 x 30 GB HDD

My problem is that I am having a hard time finding the correct drivers for my motherboard for the integrated Audio. I've checked the official ASUS website for a driver and it says "Hardware is not supported with this driver." I sent an email to them and they gave me BS about "is the speakers correctly plugged into the right port?" I am going crazy just to find the drivers. Has anyone else experienced this problem and can anyone else help me fix it!? :hotbounce Any help is really appreciated.

I got the same problem with my ASUS P5GPL-X card. The audio driver that come with the motherboard does'nt work.

I have read that many users have the same problems.

I won't buy any ASUS motherboards anymore.

phil666 said:
I got the same problem with my ASUS P5GPL-X card. The audio driver that come with the motherboard does'nt work.

I have read that many users have the same problems.

I won't buy any ASUS motherboards anymore.
DO NOT DO THAT! ASUS is one of the top makers of Mobos in the world. I would just screw the on-board sound it came with and go with a new sound card. But remember this is opinionated so you can do w/e you feel like doing.

This mobo's Driving me MAD!!

Could any1 help me reslove this problem I having with this new board. I have AMD 3700+ XP Pro 1GB RAm & 128Mb Geeforce AGP Graphics card, I 've recently upgraded to this new mobo all parts are fully working but after I have installed this new mobo and load the defualt cmos settings it loads up Win Xp but when I check in my computer its running at 800Mhz!!! so I restart the computer and the monitor turns onto stand by mode and the computer becomes unusable.

Until I remove the battery of the CMOS and it allows me to use the computer again, so this time I then correctly set the settings myself and pressed save and exit and once it restarted it does the same as above and no hard drive activity and turns off the monitor.

Do I need to upgrade the BIOS?

Please can someone help me as I hear this I nice board and can't wait to use it.

Kind Regards,
Adam

Coolmatt said:
DO NOT DO THAT! ASUS is one of the top makers of Mobos in the world. I would just screw the on-board sound it came with and go with a new sound card. But remember this is opinionated so you can do w/e you feel like doing.
Asus is crap. I know too many people to include myself that have had nothing but problems with those boards. I've had several MSI boards with no issues.

WHat you're describing is what happened to me with my last Asus. It was also a K8V. It had a bad CMOS chip. I agree with Ted. The last 5 boards I used in builds were Asus and Abit and they were crap. I switched to the DFI K8T800 Pro and havent had a single problem. Ive also had alot of problems with nForce 3 chipsets and 6800 series cards.

hi i've just updated the bios and the computer can now restart without taking out the cmos battery each time, however when i right click on my computer it still says 800Mhz instead of 3700 XP can you please assist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back