X700 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinOC89

Hi, im having issues with my X700 that was just purchased. i have no clue what is wrong with it either. ive tried ATI/AMD support but they just told me to buy a new card. ive bought alot of cards in the past. all ati, im about to convert to nvidia because of this. i have a X1650pro currently. i bought this X700 for my little brother so he can play games on his computer. but everytime he loads up any game, the graphics start shredding in every direction. as in lines shooting out from anything that moves.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/shortyguy_88/capture_00001.jpg

any resolve for this? ive tried new drivers to cleaning it off checking the hardware. its brand new and seems perfectly fine, i canot figure out why it is doing this, please help!

that seems like error in directX or software driver.
hav you install the latest DirectX 9.0c (if using xp)?

also, have u install the new ATI Catalyst?
i have a 3-years-old m9700 which will display Artifacts when playing certain games such as Need For Speed ProStreet. After Ati Catalyst install the problem seems to be gone completely.

so i suggest u to get latest catalyst and directX if you havnt.
dont forget, catalyst require Microsoft .Net Framework 2

Good Luck :)

I have Directx 9.0c along with catalyst 8.4. ive never had problems like this before and it only does it with this card. ive put in a x1300 and a x1650pro in his computer and they dont do this. only this card is acting up.

something new just happened. while i was trying a game to see what happens and how long it goes for, after about 20 minute's the monitor goes black and says "monitor going to sleep" and stays black till i reboot the system. also this is an 19" wide lcd. please if anyone has anything to say about this subject please help. everything seems to be right and setup perfectly, im starting to think the card is already dieing but i havent even had the card for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back