x800 power supply question + stuck molex y cable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andi_kam

Has anyone else here ever had problems pulling out a molex y cable, it seems completely jammed!

Also, I want to connect an x800 pro with a 350w power supply, I currently use two molex y cables one that directs some power to the two hard drives and the other going to the graphics card which is currently a 9800 pro, anyone think I might have a problem with that?

Thanks a lot.
andikam

Just to be on the safe side you should go with a least with a 480 p/s. Because if you get a 380 with x800 pro the card would have to run harder beacuse it wont be getting enough :hotouch: power.

good luck :wave: :wave:

sebastian

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/hardware/desktops/0,39001729,39185433,00.htm

The reduced power consumption means all Radeon X800 cards will be single-slot solutions without any extravagant power supply requirements. Any system capable of running a Radeon 9800 XT will be able to support an X800-based card without a problem.

I did a little research and came out with this. Clearly it states here that if you managed to get a 9800XT or 9800 Pro to run properly, there should be no reason why you can't get an X800 to. At this point, I can't really say the culprit is the powersupply.

Ah thanks a lot m8. That really changes my focus on what to look for. Will look towards either better processor or ram or fiddling more with the settings.

Once again thanks, answered one of the questions that has been bothering me for a while. Much appreciated young&wild.

andi_kam said:
I currently use two molex y cables one that directs some power to the two hard drives and the other going to the graphics card which is currently a 9800 pro, anyone think I might have a problem with that?
I'm not sure... graphics card suddenly drawing a lot of power (going from 2D desktop to 3D gaming) could cause voltage drops with devices in the same wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back