X800 Pro shows up as X800 SE but runs x800XT clock??? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranq

I just got my replacement Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro PCI-E (VIVO) from RMA because my other one had been messed up. Anyway, this, being a brand new card is definitely, from the outside an X800 Pro. The weird thing is...when i fired up the rig with the replaced card it shows up as an X800 SE. I said ok, lets check the clocks. The clocks were at GPU-500Mhz and Memory-500 Mhz! that's X800 XT clocks! and the chip is R423 which is only for x800XT?!! im extremely confused. My clocks are supposed to be at GPU-475 and Memory-450. I have not touched the clocks nor do i have any utility to overclock with so i cant say how this happened. It definitely happened before i recieved it though. Any suggestions on what's happened and/or how to get things straight?

Thanks in advance

The only thing that I can say is that your video card Is some what defective. And my advice is to send It back and get a new one If I where you.

Good luck.

Sebastian :cool:

First run some stress test to check if the new card is stabble if it is not then send it back, also check if their is any performance gain from the card,just beacuse of the clock settings and watch out for those temps. :)

well it's definitely running stable...besides the fact that it kind of freezes for about a second every few mins in some games...but not all...and im getting very good benchmark scores so i think im fine...the temps are normal for an X800...i was just wondering what could have happened to get such a mixed up card...and again...this IS an RMA'd card...so i doubt they'd accept ANOTHER RMA..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back