X800GT vs 6800TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

I am wondering about getting an X800GT (not GTO) http://www.powercolor.com/product.asp?id=75

The X800GT for those who haven't heard of it uses the R480 core, is extremely overclockable (about 100 mhz core and 90 memory) has 8 pixelpipes and a 256bit memory bus with 256mb memory. The stock speeds are 475/980DDR.
(It is basically a X800GTO with 4 less pipelines.)

And I was wondering if it is better than my current ASUS N6800TD 512 mb. Now this is not a normal 6800 either. http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=2&l2=7&l3=0&model=992&modelmenu=1

This 6800 is very.... crippled. Stock is 325 core and 270 memory (!). Thats only 540 DDR. AND it only has a 128 bit memory bus. It is actually slower than the card it replaced (9800PRO) and the only reason i used it is because the 9800 is unstable beyond all recognition.

Does anyone know if this card would be much faster or if I should just save up for another month and a half and get an X800XL instead?

How much money are you willing to spend? But that is a good card, especially because of the 256-bit memory.

Well, the limit of my budget is about $170-180 CAN and it can't be from an American website like newegg. Also, the only card I am excluding from my search is a 7600GS, so please don't recommend on of those.

Hmm thanks guys... although I cant get those until i get my credit card (should be soon) but for the moment I'm sorta restricted to stores.

MetalX said:
Hmm thanks guys... although I cant get those until i get my credit card (should be soon) but for the moment I'm sorta restricted to stores.
NCIX accepts online bank payments as well, as well as paypal. But if the CC method isn't too long of a wait, save yourself the hassle :p

It's a shame that you can´t order from Newegg. They have my X800GTO around $80 :(

If you can get the XL, better get it, it has 16 pipes, full 256bit bus, fast memory (can't remember the speed :p ), etc.

Also, you can consider the X850XT if you can find it. Here on Newegg, they are around 120 dlls.

I wish I could order from newegg... but I live in Canada so $120 american is like $5,000,000,000 here. lol jk, but the only difference between the X800GT, GTO and XL is that the GT is 475/980 and has 8pixelpipes, the GTO is 400/980 with 12 pixelpipes, and the XL is 400/980 with 16 pixelpipes. They all have 256 bit memory bus with 256 mb GDDR3.

Lol :haha: I think that we have better economy than Canada here in Mexico. 120 dollars are 1200 pesos here, not 5,000,000,000 lol.

Any card you pick, should be better than your 6800. I can assure you that :)

... Yea, my 6800 is a rip off. ASUS seems hell-bent on making horrible videocards at insane prices... I payed $230 CAN for that piece of garbage.

Good one Jimshady, I forgot Tigerdirect :eek:

If you can strech a little your budget, you can get THIS 7600GT for 209.99, plus a $40 rebate.

This will surely outclass completely your 6800 :)

Arghh!! Again the problem is with the lack of credit card/paypal :p. However I might be getting Paypal in the next few days so I may order from tigerdirect.ca

Send it in

Send in a check or money order, i used to have to do this back in the day when i was credit cardless....Yeah I know it sucks, but it dont take all that much longer to get your stuff, especially if you send in a money order.

I'd hope the situation has changed, but every ATI card I've ever had was buggy as hell due to poorly written drivers. nVidia might not get everything right, and some driver releases are awful, but I've always founds a stable one eventually.

JimShady23 said:
Send in a check or money order, i used to have to do this back in the day when i was credit cardless....Yeah I know it sucks, but it dont take all that much longer to get your stuff, especially if you send in a money order.
You can send money orders to tigerdirect? How?

See MetalX

You dont even need a credit card or paypal, so NO MORE EXCUSES !!! ORDER THE DANG THING !!!!!!!!! But seriously, dont worry about your order getting stuck in the loop holes, like i said, i have orderd from tigerdirect here in the states many of times with a money order and it was pretty quick. Usually only take a day or so after they get your money order to proccess your order. At most I ever had to wait was 2 days once they got a MO from me. So feel safe.

Hope I have been helpful

I agree. Feel safe. I always use a money order with Newegg.com, as I don't have a credit card, and I live in Mexico.

And nothing has gone wrong fortunately (just a bad RAM :p ).

I still have one more excuse :p I don't have all the money yet! I can't order till I get the rest of it.

Yeah, it will probably own a X800GTO, and should be on par with a X850XT. In some games, it will perform faster,and in some it will be slower, because it still has 12 pipes, and a 128 bit memory bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back