X800GTO FPS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humantorch

I just bought a Powercooler X800GTO and installed it into my computer for the sole purpose of getting good fps on Day of Defeat: Source.

Previous to this graphics card i had a Nvidia PCX5900 and got roughly 20-40fps. I heard from a friend and multiple reviews that the X800GTO could handle source games on medium settings and easily pull off 60-100fps. I installed the new card and at first I got only 20fps. I did some tweaking and got it to run at 50fps with all the lowest settings but then after playing for a bit it dropped to 20fps.

I have a Intel Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading.
1 Gig of Ram
200 gig harddrive
Asus Motherboard

I'd like to be able to play the game at least with a stable 65 FPS. Any suggestions?

Did you uninstall the driver and all software for the old card before fitting the new one????

I just cleaned out all the dust in the machine and reapplied thermal paste to the heatsink and my fps still sucks. Any ideas?

Hmm, well an X800GTO totally destroys a 5900 by so much that it isn't even funny..

So, the only things I can figure are:
1) You're using extreme high-end configuration, such as FULL HDR and AA in DoD:S. A 5900 could barely muster 4 fps, whereas 40fps sounds about right with HDR + AA on a GTO @1024x768 or higher. Make sure you're not trying to combine HDR + AA at the same time as that will really tax your videocard.

2) You're severely system bound, be it memory or CPU. Close all running tasks that you can prior and run some benchmarks on your CPU. I'd recommend SiSoft Sandra, which you can google/download free and run it's CPU Arithmetic tests and Memory bandwidth tests. From there, we can determine if your system needs BIOS or other help.

Alright so my Log came be found here https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=356400#post356400

I have my settings on as low as they go for the games. I've changed the setting from high to low and used different FPS configs for the game all with similar fps results. Low FPS results.

Thanks for all those who have shared their insight/tips I really appreciate it.

Here are my memory results...

Benchmark Results
RAM Bandwidth Int Buff'd iSSE2 : 2669 MB/s
RAM Bandwidth Float Buff'd iSSE2 : 1977 MB/s
Results Interpretation : Higher index values are better.

Int Buff'd iSSE2 (Integer STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment : 2673MB/s
Scaling : 2683MB/s
Addition : 2675MB/s
Triad : 2648MB/s
Data Item Size : 16 byte(s)
Buffering Used : Yes
Offset Displacement Used : Yes
Bandwidth Efficiency : 83% (estimated)

Float Buff'd iSSE2 (Float STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment : 2095MB/s
Scaling : 2006MB/s
Addition : 1926MB/s
Triad : 1882MB/s
Data Item Size : 16 byte(s)
Buffering Used : Yes
Offset Displacement Used : Yes
Bandwidth Efficiency : 61% (estimated)

Performance Test Status
Run ID : MYCAPTAINMYCAPT on Saturday, November 11, 2006 at 2:09:48 PM
Memory Used by Test : 512MB
NUMA Support : No
SMP Test : No
Total Test Threads : 1
Multi-Core Test : No
SMT Test : Yes
Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
Processor Affinity : P0C0T0
System Timer : 3GHz
Page Size : 4kB
Use Large Memory Pages : No

Features
(W)MMX Technology : Yes
SSE Technology : Yes
SSE2 Technology : Yes
SSE3 Technology : Yes
SSE4 Technology : No
EMMX - Extended MMX Technology : No
3DNow! Technology : No
Extended 3DNow! Technology : No
HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : Yes

Chipset 1
Model : Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/GL/P/PL/GL Grantsdale Host Bridge/DRAM Controller
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 201MHz (804MHz data rate)
Width : 64-bit
Maximum Bus Bandwidth : 6432MB/s (estimated)

Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks
Bank 0 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 3.0-4-4-8 (tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) CR1
Bank 1 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 3.0-4-4-8 (tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) CR1
Bank 2 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 3.0-4-4-8 (tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) CR1
Bank 3 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 3.0-4-4-8 (tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) CR1
Channels : 1
Speed : 2x 201MHz (402MHz data rate)
Width : 64-bit
Performance Acceleration Technology : No
Memory Controller in Processor : No
Maximum Memory Bus Bandwidth : 3216MB/s (estimated)

Performance Tips
Notice 5406 : System bandwidth appears memory limited. Attempt to use higher-performance memory.
Notice 5008 : To change benchmarks, click Options.
Notice 5004 : Synthetic benchmark. May not tally with 'real-life' performance.
Notice 5006 : Only compare the results with ones obtained using the same version!
Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more information about the tip.

Subject1

Warning! Do not buy enhancement pills, they don't work!

Over the past few years the market has become swamped with imitation male enhancement pills, making it virtually impossible to know what is legitimate and what is fake!

The logical step that millions of men are taking is to switch over to the more effective and potent male enhancement Patches.

Millions of men are already applying male enhancement patches daily and watching their size and drive go through the roof! Patches deliver the product into your system in a quicker and more efficient manner than a pill ever could. They are also safer and more discrete, no need to awkwardly carry around a bottle of pills. Enlarge Patch Rx is simply the best patch you will find, anywhere!

Our Enlarge Patches are the most respected in the industry, the highest quality at the best price. As of yet no other patch has matched ours for pure potency and effectiveness, the results you see from using Enlarge Patch are unreal!

Here are just a few of the thousands of happy testimonials we receive every year;

""Hi, I have been using Enlarge Patch Rxfor one month. I could not believe my eyes after about a week of using the product because my flaccid length only grew a tremendous amount. I started slow since I did not know much about the exercises but once I retained some experience I began to introduce myself to the more advanced ones and that is when my penis started growing.
I can not thank Enlarge Patch Rx enough. So overall I started at about 6 inches in length and about 4 inches in girth, which is quite normal and now im 7 1/4 inches in length and 4 3/4 inches in girth. An entire inch in both length and girth in a matter of a month! If you want to have gains and keep them forever you have to try Enlarge Patch Rx, believe me you will not regret it!"
Robbie V. Texas

"I suppose my story won't be somewhat unusual to you. I'm a young man of 25 and I was completely frustrated about my small penis. I was so shy to show it to any of the girl I had “relationship” with that I basically had no sexual life at all. Enlarge Patch Rx patches did incredible thing to me. I was using them for 4 months and my penis is much more thicker and about 2.5 inches longer now. All my doubts are gone. I really appreciate what you're guys doing. Thanx for saving my life! "
Geoff R. Rhode Island

Have questions about Patches and how they work?

How do they work?
Are they safe?
Is there a guarantee?
Are results permanent?

Visit our website for all the answers!

*UPDATE!* We are now offering a special discount price to all customers as thanks for all the repeat business we have had over the past year! Visit our site to see the unreal price discounts we are offering for a limited time only!

Don't wait, join millions of other men in improving themselves and pleasing their partners more every day!

Click here to view price specials and website!

Notice 5406 : System bandwidth appears memory limited. Attempt to use higher-performance memory.

Thats all i can see that could cause your problem!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back