x850xt vs 6800ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
both are pretty much at par.ati almost lost this battle when there answer to the monumental increase that geforce 6800 showed over a radeon 9800 and they have beeen pretty much trying to catch up since then by overclocking there gpu and increasing the vram speed minutely on the x800.while 6800 ultra sits at the top with one stride hitting the ceiling in terms of performace in the available games(not counting the SLI interface......but that is a different topic altogether)while geforce 6800 ultra holds a lot of promises for the future like shader model 3.0 and 16 texture pipeline(not sure) the ati has matched it in terms of performace in today's games but who will hold the crown for future.....well your guess is only as good as mine so pretty uncertain there.also there have been some issues with availability of these cards so check out which one you can find and at what price and then decide(if you are planning to buy).

since there performace is pretty much the same there price should be the deciding factor.dont pay 100$ extra for just a nominal increase in performace.personally i would tend to lean toward the geforce 6800 ultra because of its shader model 3.0 and nvidia brand.but i should also mention 2 things about this card,one it requires a beefy psu (480 w or higher)through one or two molex connector on the card itself for power.also it is a little big on the size so it can easily take up/cover up the space for the pci slot.x850 however i havent seen or checked so i am unsure there,so checkthese two things too.

i agree with shadow, get the 6800 ultra. shader 3.0 support and teh speed difference for 100 dollars isnt worth it. hover if you just ahve to ahve the best get the x850xt but otherwise get the 6800

Well if money is an object i would suggest you get a 6800 GT becuase it is the best bang for the buck video card and is easily modded to the 6800 Ultra speeds (depending on card and manufacturer) and at $359 it is almost $100 dollars cheaper. The only thing that is different in the cards is the clock speed and memory speed. For the ultra price range you are better off paying extra and getting an X800 XT pe which will beat the 6800 ultra pretty much in most games by a sizeable margin except in openGL games. I have not seen any benchmarks on the X850 yet but i would think it will perform better than the X800 (speculation on my part so dont jump on my d**k).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back