Xbox 360 802.11n adapter coming November 3 for $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

A couple weeks back, Microsoft confirmed the existence its Xbox 360 802.11n adapter, but provided no official word on the price or availability. A listing on GameStop's website has revealed that the updated Wi-Fi dongle will ship on November 3 of this year and cost $99.99 -- which lines up earlier pricing rumors.

It was also speculated that when the 802.11n device launched, the current 802.11b/g adapter would receive a price cut from $99.99 to $79.99 -- that may not be the case, however. Joystiq is reporting that GameStop will sell both the new and old adapter for the same price of $100.

I'm not sure I see the logic in this -- especially since Microsoft referred to the new Wi-Fi device as "another choice" for consumers. While that is technically still true regardless of pricing, it only makes sense to me that Redmond would offer the dated adapter for a discount. I guess we will find out for sure in the coming weeks.

Permalink to story.

Even wireless 'n' still can't beat the price to performance of a 10' $6.99 CAT5 cable. It's still for foo's who like to throw away cash on an easy problem.

Yeah for GameStop, Power to the Gamers, and charging the same price for old technology (that should be cut in price even further.....

@burty117....

Excellent point! Where is the fix for that issue? In another post I pointed this out regarding my Xbox 360's issue with not being able to download updates because of the security on my N Draft LinkSys router. I had to change it back to WEP to get the updates.

So I have been waiting, but I guess I will now just run a Cat5 and reconfigure my router back to WPA2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back