xbox 360. Is it worth the upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptim

I came across a little extra cash, and was thinking about a xbox 360. Is it worth the upgrade from the regular xbox, or is xbox worthy of the hype.

if you want a xbox you better go for the elite because it's got a hdmi port unlike the other one,hdmi cable,and 120gb hard drive.Cartera the ps3 has slightly better graphics because it's full hd not hd ready.Full hd=1080p

Paying $200-300 extra for slightly better graphics is being dumb IMO. The Elite is a sweet system. Mine is coming next week. :D

I know the PS3 is HD but its graphics are not significantly better than the 360's. Which lets be honest the PS3 has had 3 years to be developed, its graphics should be noticeably better than the 360. As much as i hate to say it microsoft has outdone its competitors once again. The price difference when i last looked is a the reason why i would say the 360 aswell. The elite would be a definate, i am hoepfully going to invest in one at some point. Untill then i will stick with the original.

hamas123 said:
Cartera the ps3 has slightly better graphics because it's full hd not hd ready.Full hd=1080p
Both the Xbox 360 & PS3 support 1080P. HD Ready only relates to the DISPLAY (i.e. 720P at least).

The PS3 may have HMDI, but all newer Xbox 360s will too (Not just the Elite!) - current Xbox 360s can output 1080P via Component & VGA.

If you're from the US, you can trade in your old X Box at a Gamespot. You'll get in store credit for some new 360 games. Or, if you don't mind waiting, you could sell it outright.

TS | Thomas said:
Both the Xbox 360 & PS3 support 1080P. HD Ready only relates to the DISPLAY (i.e. 720P at least).

The PS3 may have HMDI, but all newer Xbox 360s will too (Not just the Elite!) - current Xbox 360s can output 1080P via Component & VGA.

Oh,i never knew that,anyway the ps3 is the cheapest blu-ray player out there that's for sure.

cartera said:
I know the PS3 is HD but its graphics are not significantly better than the 360's. Which lets be honest the PS3 has had 3 years to be developed, its graphics should be noticeably better than the 360. As much as i hate to say it microsoft has outdone its competitors once again. The price difference when i last looked is a the reason why i would say the 360 aswell. The elite would be a definate, i am hoepfully going to invest in one at some point. Untill then i will stick with the original.

Well If your stuck in-between the decision of making a choice of what system to get, stall for now. As far as the above, the PS3, meaning the makers, IBM, toshiba and Sony have had three years to make a system better than the 360. I think thus far they have not failed themselves.

The PS3 is a good investment and so is the 360 elite. Developers have had time to make awesome games for the 360 cuz it been out for 3 years. PS3 Developers have had no where over nine months. So in comparison IMO I think the PS3 is slowly making progress. GRAW 2 comes out tomorrow and hopefully that will have a good impact esp if online play is good. I also read somewhere that PC and console gaming will be integrated online, not sure of what console platforms will be integrated with PC online play.

Well by my bday in OCT im trying have my elite here with WIC and C&C3 at least. Might by GOW but idk yet itz expexsive. Omg cant wait for End War.

U getting HDMI for ur Elite ptim?

Myzz617 said:
Well by my bday in OCT im trying have my elite here with WIC and C&C3 at least. Might by GOW but idk yet itz expexsive. Omg cant wait for End War.

U getting HDMI for ur Elite ptim?

Yes, I'm getting HDMI,. I might get Bioshock for my first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back