XBOX 360 Red Ring of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtehrmo

LMFAO. Guys guys, its the red ring of death. Here is my solution, get custom mod fans for your xbox 360, google or ebay it, youll find em. that is what i did to avoid the red ring a second time. I heard my friend telling me that he opened up his xbox 360 and saw that its caused by overheating, since the jumpers on the ati vid card is fried from the xtreme heat. so if you dont this to happen to you, keep your box on a well ventilated area, dont leave it on, and get the bloody fans.

Now, if this doesnt work for you dont go and try to chop my head off. Im sure if you do this itll work, since we just made everyone on my dorm that owns an XBOX 360 get mod fans, and no red rings of death have been reported yet.

( it dont matter what batch you have, it happened to the xbox on display in Best Buy ,but they were asking for it, since they keep the systems in a bad ventilated security box.) I heard it happening to people that only had theirs for 3 days, and its because they get xbox live and leave their 360 on for days downloading all those stupid demos and crap.

Again this is a suggestion, and if you know your xbox gets hot or you cant really find a good ventilated area, i suggest you get some mod fans.

Banging the xbox itself.... :haha: :haha:

That has actually worked on a few components for me in the past. But don't go banging your xbox or anything else for that case. You will be surprised how doing a google search on your problem could fix it. lol.

Regards Jase :)

I've heard of so many individuals having overheating/frying problems with their 360's since it was released two Christmas' ago. When we purchased it for my daughter as a Christmas present the year it was released, I was already aware of the overheating issue. I looked at where the major ventilation was and found out it was on the side that Microsoft designed for it to stand upright on. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if the heat was supposed to exit those grilles that standing it on that side would cause the heat to blow back up into the unit. I laid it down like the older PS2 consoles and she has never had that problem. She plays it about 3 hours a clip, 2-3 times a day. Maybe she's one of the lucky ones, maybe it's the duration she plays it at one sitting, or maybe it's because I laid it down flat instead of on its edge. She does have a bizarre problem once in a while whereas she uses the 360's remote to turn it on and it will also turn her laptop on, but this has been remedied by moving the laptop away from the hub that her desktop and 360 are connected to. Strange case. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back