Xbox One price permanently cut to $349 as Microsoft launches new 1 TB bundle

Scorpus

Staff member

Microsoft has today announced that the price of the 500 GB Xbox One will permanently drop to $349, with a new 1 TB model set to go on sale on June 16th for the console's old price of $399.

The $399 Xbox One bundle doesn't just include a 1 TB hard drive: Microsoft has also swapped out the glossy finish on the console for a more fingerprint friendly matte finish. The company is also bundling in Halo: The Master Chief Collection in "select regions for a limited time", alongside a revamped Wireless Controller.

The new Xbox One Wireless Controller features a 3.5mm stereo audio jack that allows you to plug in and use your favorite headset without an adapter. Microsoft has also updated the bumpers to be more consistent, and the controller now supports over-the-air wireless firmware updates.

xbox microsoft gaming console xbox one adapter wireless controller

If you already own an Xbox One and want to get this new controller, Microsoft will be retailing it separately for $64.99 in either black, or in a new silver and black camouflage design that the company calls the "Xbox One Special Edition Covert Forces Wireless Controller".

For those of you who prefer to game on PC, Microsoft has also announced the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, which allows you to use the Xbox One's wireless controller on PC. The adapter will be available this fall for $24.99, or $79.95 when bundled with an Xbox One Wireless Controller.

Curiously, Microsoft says that the Wireless Adapter allows you to use the Xbox's wireless controller on "Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets". It's unclear whether this means the adapter will work exclusively on Windows 10, or on Windows 10 alongside Microsoft's other popular OSes such as Windows 8.1 and 7.

Permalink to story.

I wonder how this controller will work when you also have three Xbox 360 controllers using the old wireless adapter, I mean, does windows identifies the proper order of the controllers? Besides, it would be nice if this wireless adapter could be compatible with your existing Xbox 360 controllers, I have four of them but I'm really looking to upgrade to the Xbox One controller at least for my main controller.

Back