1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One retail consoles will double as developer debug units

By Shawn Knight · 6 replies
Jul 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft recently revealed that its upcoming Xbox One console will play double duty as a developer’s debug unit. That means that every retail console will run in-progress game code so indie developers can get started working on the next hit...

Read more

2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 3,022   +783

Can you say "U-Turn"?

BlueDrake likes this.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

At this point I'll expect Microsoft to announce the Xbox One supports PS4 games...

BlueDrake and wastedkill like this.
  4. Lwerewolf

Lwerewolf TS Rookie

Sounds like a jailbreak is inbound.

5. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TS Evangelist Posts: 358   +104

This is only to get attention because they literally, kept pushing developers and customers away with their terrible decisions. I won't be surprised at anything Microsoft does, in terms of full reversal on anything negative.

6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Haha!! My first impression on the article title was that I find enough bugs in games as it is and I don't need / want to be the one who debugs games! But putting development power in the hands of Indie developers? Ok, that's a cool move Microsoft. Kudos.

7. The problem with this is it's only a matter of time before it's broken. On the flip side, I think this a very nice feature can will cut down the game development costs on the XboxOne.