TechSpot

Xbox One retail consoles will double as developer debug units

By Shawn Knight
Jul 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft recently revealed that its upcoming Xbox One console will play double duty as a developer’s debug unit. That means that every retail console will run in-progress game code so indie developers can get started working on the next hit...

Read more

2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,917   +684

Can you say "U-Turn"?

BlueDrake likes this.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

At this point I'll expect Microsoft to announce the Xbox One supports PS4 games...

BlueDrake and wastedkill like this.
  4. Lwerewolf

Lwerewolf TS Rookie

Sounds like a jailbreak is inbound.

5. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TS Evangelist Posts: 350   +103

This is only to get attention because they literally, kept pushing developers and customers away with their terrible decisions. I won't be surprised at anything Microsoft does, in terms of full reversal on anything negative.

6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Haha!! My first impression on the article title was that I find enough bugs in games as it is and I don't need / want to be the one who debugs games! But putting development power in the hands of Indie developers? Ok, that's a cool move Microsoft. Kudos.

7. The problem with this is it's only a matter of time before it's broken. On the flip side, I think this a very nice feature can will cut down the game development costs on the XboxOne.