XBOX Problems and Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

canesheadcase

xxx

I have a 2 year old XBOX, and I can't barely play on it anymore. The problem is whenever I tried to play a game a told me bid the game was either dirty or damaged. I've cleaned the lens, clean the disks, or and tried to vacuum the inside, and played new games. I ended up getting a new XBOX, and I haven't had the problem yet, the that could also be because its new and not two years old. If anyone else's said the same problem and knows how to fix it, that will be great. :knock:

Ive heard of people having the same problem, its usually (but not always) the dvd player wearing out.

What?

Ok, that makes sense, but do you meen the eye, or the actual DVD part? The thing is the movies usually play. I dont know whats going on, besides the fact its screwed up.

Its normally the mechanism that moves the lens that goes wrong, the reason it will play movies and not games is probably that the movement has been restricted so that it cant read the boot sectors anymore which only games have.

Clown said:
You can fix it by getting a new dics drive for your xbox.

Opening the box and putting new hardware in could cause you to get a modded box error when you log into Xbox Live. BEWARE!

Dildamesh said:
Opening the box and putting new hardware in could cause you to get a modded box error when you log into Xbox Live. BEWARE!

I have never seen a mod error after changing a dvd drive in a xbox. AFter install a mod chip yes...but that is your stupid fault. Changing a DVD drive should bring about no problems at all.

Sean

AtK SpAdE said:
AFter install a mod chip yes...but that is your stupid fault.

Whoa dude, where did this hostility come from? I thought public flaming was a thing of the past. Say something that helps or nothing at all.

Get your facts right before you come to this board.

First you said this:

Dildamesh said:

Then you said this
Dildamesh said:
Say something that helps or nothing at all.

Maybe you should abide by your own rules! Your statment was false. This could make the thread creator nervous about changing his faulty dvd drive because it would give him the error, which is not true at all.

Sean

Regardless, of whether I was right or wrong, you were still being rude. I was citing a note of caution. That shouldn't make me the object of your malicious hatred. I'll consider the matter closed now and hope that you can manage to be more amiable in the future. You seem to post quite a bit here. The amount of time and energy you spend helping people certainly suggests that you have the capacity to bear the responsibility of setting a positive example for those around you.

Respectfully,
Dildamesh

EDIT: By the way, I did say HARDWARE, not DVD DRIVE, and I was that general because you CAN get a modded box error for messing with the HARDWARE. I never said which hardware. Sorry for the confusion. =)

I consider the matter closed as well..it seems we are talking more about us and less about DVD drives. Sorry for the rudeness. I just get that way sometime, i know i shouldnt, but i do.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back