Xbox Recall Incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

YadaYadaYada

Rumor: Xbox Recall is False

There is no XBOX recall, again we see how easily the internet can be used to spread misinformation.
Interesting that this has happened several times to MS.
Then again its not surprising, same *stuff used to happen to GE back in the day. you might want to adjust your FP.

(*edited by mod)

Got any links or backup info?
It is only models from the Japanese launch isn't it.

No, hes right, some of the Xbox's were scratching DVD discs, they wreen't recalled though, just if you were affected they'd replace it.

Originally posted by Arris
Got any links or backup info?
Likewise, always post any substantiation!
Microsoft Fixes Xbox Game Consoles Sold in Japan
by Julio @ 7:17 AM - [Comments] http://www.3dspotlight.com/
Some of the 250,000 consoles shipped in Japan make scratches on the perimeter of a DVD disk, Microsoft Co., the Japanese unit of the world's biggest software maker, said. Microsoft began accepting defective Xbox consoles for free repair, spokeswoman Midori Takahashi said. It will take about a week to 10 days to replace the disk drive, she said.

"It is up to customers to mail their consoles back to us for repair," Takahashi said. "The scratch does not affect game playing." As of March 3, Microsoft's Japanese unit received 243 complaints from customers, she said.

Source:
Bloomberg

I think it has gone from a recall to a "if you want us to replace it we will" type of thing. It is totally at the customers request.

Recall by definition is to ask, to request or to order the return of a product to the manufacturer, as for necessary repairs or adjustments. So this would fall under the category of a voluntary recall.

lol

243 units out of 250,000 is not a recall.

The XBOX did better than both GC and PS in terms of shipping defective product.

Have any of you ever purchased a NEW car?

This isnt a console war thing, just a comment on how sites (all sites) post "news" that is not fact checked. ie. Calling microsoft to see if its true.

Its just the nature of the beast we call the internet.

Its amazing that legit? NEWS sites like bloom, register, bbc, etc will post this on their web pages. They would NEVER do that with PRINT. Ok maybe not never, but trust me you never(theres that never word again, sorry) PRINT a story saying, "Its LEGAL!- yep thats right folks...read more at JohnnyKGBs, you can get it at the market.

lol

no harm intended:eek:

oh yeah

it cant go "from being a recall" if it never was.

Why do people hate MS. I guess its natural, before it was GE, who will be next?????????:confused:

(Update3)
Microsoft Recalls Xbox Game Consoles Sold in Japan
Tokyo, March 7 (Bloomberg)By Hiroshi Suzuki and Minoru Matsutani
"It (Microsoft) appears to have changed its mind - today, Bloomberg reports that Microsoft is fixing the problem, after all..."
Microsoft Corp. is recalling the Xbox video-game console in Japan because of a defect two weeks after its debut in the country...
The recall comes a week before the console's debut in Europe on March 14.
The recall will hurt the company's attempt to wrest market share from Sony's PlayStation 2 and Nintendo's GameCube game consoles in their home market, investors said.
Recall by definition: to ask, to request or to order the return of a product to the manufacturer, as for necessary repairs or adjustments

"Making your mind up" - Abba

Ok so it went from wrongly reported as a recall to a send it back if its duff to a recall...
Can we stop now... I'm getting dizzy :giddy:

Microsoft isn't recalling any Xboxes sold thus far; they're only offering unconditional replacement for any damaged hardware or software due to this disk scratching dilemma. I think Japanese gamers are too picky and Microsoft is on its knees tring to please them. :blackeye: Can you really blame Bill? Nope.

Originally posted by erwin1978
Microsoft isn't recalling any Xboxes sold thus far; they're only offering unconditional replacement for any damaged hardware or software due to this disk scratching dilemma. I think Japanese gamers are too picky and Microsoft is on its knees tring to please them. :blackeye: Can you really blame Bill? Nope.

Is this posted after reading the post by Uncleel quoting Bloomberg's that says that after not recalling, Microsoft decided to recall Xboxs in Japan after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back