TechSpot

Xbox Recall Incorrect

By YadaYadaYada
Mar 8, 2002
  1. Rumor: Xbox Recall is False

There is no XBOX recall, again we see how easily the internet can be used to spread misinformation.
    Interesting that this has happened several times to MS.
    Then again its not surprising, same *stuff used to happen to GE back in the day. you might want to adjust your FP.

(*edited by mod)

2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

So what's all this about them scratching DVDs or something??

4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,628   +113

Got any links or backup info?
    It is only models from the Japanese launch isn't it.

5. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

No, hes right, some of the Xbox's were scratching DVD discs, they wreen't recalled though, just if you were affected they'd replace it.

6. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 830

7. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

Likewise, always post any substantiation!

8. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

I think it has gone from a recall to a "if you want us to replace it we will" type of thing. It is totally at the customers request.

9. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

I've removed julio's post now & posted up microsoft's line on it.

10. uncleel

Recall by definition is to ask, to request or to order the return of a product to the manufacturer, as for necessary repairs or adjustments. So this would fall under the category of a voluntary recall.

11. bedlam_4

bedlam_4 TS Rookie Posts: 182

What is TOS?

12. YadaYadaYada

YadaYadaYada TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

lol

243 units out of 250,000 is not a recall.

The XBOX did better than both GC and PS in terms of shipping defective product.

Have any of you ever purchased a NEW car?

This isnt a console war thing, just a comment on how sites (all sites) post "news" that is not fact checked. ie. Calling microsoft to see if its true.

Its just the nature of the beast we call the internet.

Its amazing that legit? NEWS sites like bloom, register, bbc, etc will post this on their web pages. They would NEVER do that with PRINT. Ok maybe not never, but trust me you never(theres that never word again, sorry) PRINT a story saying, "Its LEGAL!- yep thats right folks...read more at JohnnyKGBs, you can get it at the market.

lol

no harm intended:eek:

13. YadaYadaYada

YadaYadaYada TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

oh yeah

it cant go "from being a recall" if it never was.

Why do people hate MS. I guess its natural, before it was GE, who will be next?????????:confused:

14. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,691   +337

Terms Of Service, its what you agreed to when you became a member of this site :)

15. uncleel

(Update3)
    Microsoft Recalls Xbox Game Consoles Sold in Japan
    Tokyo, March 7 (Bloomberg)By Hiroshi Suzuki and Minoru Matsutani
    "It (Microsoft) appears to have changed its mind - today, Bloomberg reports that Microsoft is fixing the problem, after all..."
    Recall by definition: to ask, to request or to order the return of a product to the manufacturer, as for necessary repairs or adjustments

16. Arris

"Making your mind up" - Abba

Ok so it went from wrongly reported as a recall to a send it back if its duff to a recall...
    Can we stop now... I'm getting dizzy :giddy:

17. erwin1978

erwin1978 TS Maniac Posts: 327

Microsoft isn't recalling any Xboxes sold thus far; they're only offering unconditional replacement for any damaged hardware or software due to this disk scratching dilemma. I think Japanese gamers are too picky and Microsoft is on its knees tring to please them. :blackeye: Can you really blame Bill? Nope.

18. Arris

Is this posted after reading the post by Uncleel quoting Bloomberg's that says that after not recalling, Microsoft decided to recall Xboxs in Japan after all?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.