Xbox released in UK and Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

From gamesradar.com:

Xbox has finally been released in the UK and across Europe - and Microsoft are triumphantly proclaiming it to have the strongest line-up of launch titles ever. With Halo, Dead or Alive 3, Project Gotham Racing, Jet Set Radio Future, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Project Gotham Racing and Wreckless all available on day one, it's difficult to argue.

Reports from Virgin Megastore's flagship store on Oxford Street, London, are that Microsoft are "very pleased" with the number of consoles they've sold thus far. The shop opened at midnight especially to allow eager early adopters to get their mitts on the mean green machine and, while Virgin won't give specific figures, they say that they sold hundreds of machines last night at that one outlet alone.

While the console is currently freely available - a stark contrast to the pre-order nightmare of the PS2 launch - the store says that they do expect to sell out their first batch of machines.

Its about that price in the UK aswell (£299).
About $300 in the US :(
I don't want a PC in a small black box to put in my living room anyway :p

Germans get cut-price X-Box

From TheInquirer:

RETAILERS IN GERMANY are slashing the price of Microsoft's X-Box to 399 Euros. The UK, the price is stuck at £299 (479 Euros).
A reader writes that MediaMarkt and Saturn (two major, nationwide home electronic chains) "have lowered the price of the XBox to EUR 399 and other shops follow this example."
Lets hope the price drop happens throughout Europe...

PS: I'm still not buying one! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back